Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New game show games/apps  (Read 23610 times)

Marc412

New game show games/apps
« on: April 01, 2013, 04:50:45 PM »
I figured that since I discovered a fun new iPad game today and the old thread is archived, I\'d start a new thread with it.

It\'s called QuizCross, and it\'s best described as Tic Tac Dough with Friends.  The big difference is that when you pick a category, you answer three multiple choice questions in it, and some of them are quite challenging.  If you get them all, the box is yours irrevocably.  If not, your opponent is allowed to try to steal the box by getting more of the same questions right than you on a future turn.  (Available for both iOS and Android devices)

Got any other games you\'d like us to know about?

pacdude

New game show games/apps
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »

Xynga has their Wheel of Fortune clone called What\'s the Phrase. It\'s OK.

M622

New game show games/apps
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »

Herse a cool one its called braindex its on the app store, you play with celebrities, its kind of like outsmart. you can also play with contestants too, its made by touch frame.  

tvmitch

New game show games/apps
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »

Brainbow Numbers is a terribly-named app that is the numbers game from Countdown, and it\'s a lot of fun. The same company made a similar game that is more of a solo puzzle version as well.

You should follow me on Twitter

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »

Ludia is branching out from their Price is Right Slots and have created Price is Right Bingo for Facebook. This is the first Bingo game I\'ve played on Facebook, but it\'s exactly what it says- it\'s Price is Right theme bingo.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

dmota104

New game show games/apps
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 10:13:49 PM »

4 Score Games had \"That Game Show\" (yup, actual title).  It was a combination of \"Crosswits\", \"Wheel of Fortune\" and \"Scrabble\" (the game show versions that aired on NBC).  The theme song sort of sounds like that of \"Who Wants To Be A Millionaire\".

Three players participate (if less than three humans, the empty spot(s) is/are taken by (a) computer player(s)) -- and are given a toss-up clue and a short word to solve.  The first player to buzz in with the right answer earns points.  Then, the letters from the correct answer to the toss up are lit up in the appropriate spaces of at least one puzzle word and/or the theme of the puzzle.  

The player credited with the right answer has a chance to identify a puzzle word (and increase the value of the round in the process), the overall theme or play another toss-up clue.

By the way, the toss-up clues and answers have virtually no connection to the puzzle theme.  The toss-up answers are there to fill in blanks of the crossword-esque grid (made up of puzzle words) and identity of the puzzle theme (displayed in a WoF-like style).

\"That Game Show\" is like \"Tetris\".  It\'s better to play the game than read the description.  Unfortunately, it appears 4 Score Games doesn\'t offer this anymore.

\'Tis a shame.  Because I like \"That Game Show\" -- even if it deserves a better title. 

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »
4 Score Games had \"That Game Show\" (yup, actual title).  It was a combination of \"Crosswits\", \"Wheel of Fortune\" and \"Scrabble\" (the game show versions that aired on NBC).  The theme song sort of sounds like that of \"Who Wants To Be A Millionaire\".

Three players participate (if less than three humans, the empty spot(s) is/are taken by (a) computer player(s)) -- and are given a toss-up clue and a short word to solve.  The first player to buzz in with the right answer earns points.  Then, the letters from the correct answer to the toss up are lit up in the appropriate spaces of at least one puzzle word and/or the theme of the puzzle.  

The player credited with the right answer has a chance to identify a puzzle word (and increase the value of the round in the process), the overall theme or play another toss-up clue.

By the way, the toss-up clues and answers have virtually no connection to the puzzle theme.  The toss-up answers are there to fill in blanks of the crossword-esque grid (made up of puzzle words) and identity of the puzzle theme (displayed in a WoF-like style).

\"That Game Show\" is like \"Tetris\".  It\'s better to play the game than read the description.  Unfortunately, it appears 4 Score Games doesn\'t offer this anymore.

\'Tis a shame.  Because I like \"That Game Show\" -- even if it deserves a better title. 

The only game I can compare this to is an early 90s DOS game show game called Lexi Cross.

I remember this game, and despite it being fairly good, I had a few issues with it. One, the computer player is too easy. Two, the game gets tedious after the first few times you play. It could use a little more variety in gameplay. Three, the bonus for solving the mystery phrase goes up as the round goes along. If anything, it should go down since more letters in the puzzle are revealed.

Overall though, a fairly polished game, and I would have loved to see them work out a few kinks in a second edition.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 10:35:37 PM »

I remember this game, and despite it being fairly good, I had a few issues with it. One, the computer player is too easy. Two, the game gets tedious after the first few times you play. It could use a little more variety in gameplay. Three, the bonus for solving the mystery phrase goes up as the round goes along. If anything, it should go down since more letters in the puzzle are revealed.

Overall though, a fairly polished game, and I would have loved to see them work out a few kinks in a second edition.

pacdude

New game show games/apps
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »
Ludia\'s milking the Fremantle teat even more with their iOS translation of PYL Slots.

Jeremy Nelson

New game show games/apps
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »
There\'s a game in the iOS store called YodelOh Math that uses a Cliffhangers motif to teach math.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New game show games/apps
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

Trivia Death Match with Ken Jennings is out for your iDevice, working well on the Phone and Pad. I prefer the Pad because the type and buttons are larger. You and Ken answer the same twenty multiple-choice questions, scoring points for right answers and speed of response.

This is how the Beat the Experts board game should have been done.

Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

New game show games/apps
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 01:43:44 PM »

I\'ll look into it.

narzo

New game show games/apps
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »

\"Going For Gold\" is in the UK iTunes store.  Very faithful to the original, get it if you are able. 

tvmitch

New game show games/apps
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »

That PYL slots for iOS isn\'t very much fun. Not as many wins and bonus games as you get with the GSN slots.

You should follow me on Twitter

Marc412

New game show games/apps
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »
\"Going For Gold\" is in the UK iTunes store.  Very faithful to the original, get it if you are able. 

Also from the same folks, there\'s \"Catchphrase\", \"Mastermind\", \"Strike it Lucky\" and a few others.

Edit:  Thanks, Nick.  I forgot The Chase wasn\'t from Deluxe.  :)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:01:24 AM by Marc412 »