Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century to GSN.  (Read 102191 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
$ale of the Century to GSN.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 09:10:20 AM »

I don\'t think GSN is pulling an [adult swim] and providing the listings provider with false information with the intention of airing something else on 4/1. If anything this would be a mistake but, like Seth said, this would be an odd one to make.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

snowpeck

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »
I don\'t think GSN is pulling an [adult swim] and providing the listings provider with false information with the intention of airing something else on 4/1. If anything this would be a mistake but, like Seth said, this would be an odd one to make.

My EPG (Comcast) has Sale listed for both 4/1 and 4/2. 

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

catnap1972

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »

Wonder if this means there\'s the slim chance they could pick up Scrabble down the road \'somewhere\'.

Awesome news if it turns out to be true, nonetheless (and no matter which episodes they picked up)

Jumpondees

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »

No joke, they just ran a promo for it at the end of PYL

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »

Did they show any clips that might hint what era they\'re showing?

*Indecipherable screaming*

Jumpondees

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »

Here is some crude video camera recording the tv footage of the promo that was run.

<Deleted Video, better quality one uploaded on the next page>

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:33:26 AM by Jumpondees »

BillCullen1

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 10:13:17 AM »
Did they show any clips that might hint what era they\'re showing?

It\'s definitely Jim Perry - we\'ll have to wait and see if it\'s daytime or nighttime.

catnap1972

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »

That Olds in the promo looks like the front wheel drive Cutlass Supreme (which came out in \'88)...might be the WBMG era (last season).

Jay Temple

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »

I\'ll be quite annoyed if they air the \"Terrance and Philip\" special.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 10:17:51 AM »

Interesting pickup, but nice to see...introduces a younger audience to a great show. Part of me wonders whether they feel Temptation is worth reviving, and want to use the original to test the waters...but Fremantle doesn\'t need to screw that show up a second time. I once predicted GSN would get this show, so it\'s good to see I was proven right.

/11 years later

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »

Here\'s a copy straight from the HD Feed. The promo stretched the footage. Whether or not the actual show will be stretched in HD is yet to be seen, but damn does that quality look good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vOEilEzQ54

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

tvmitch

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »

This is extraordinary. Thanks to those of you who posted the commercial; I was about ready to post a \"proof or not real\" comment. Wish we could give reps on this board.

I bet it\'s very much of a test-the-waters sort of venture. The Reg Grundy library might be available on the cheap for daytime filler programming. Interesting that they thought it important enough to make a promo for it...anytime any of the G/T shows were added or pulled from the schedule, rarely would you see a promo for it.

The holy grail would be \"Scrabble\" for me. Maybe that\'s not too far off.

You should follow me on Twitter

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
That Olds in the promo looks like the front wheel drive Cutlass Supreme (which came out in \'88)...might be the WBMG era (last season).

Didn\'t all of the WBMG era sets have a turntable with chasing lights on which the car sat? The car in the promo did not.

Regardless, cue the nerdy dancing.

Edit: You can see the chasing lights during Jim\'s entrance at the start of the promo. It might be WBMG era.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:28:58 AM by PYLclark86 »
*Indecipherable screaming*

Jumpondees

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »
Here\'s a copy straight from the HD Feed. The promo stretched the footage. Whether or not the actual show will be stretched in HD is yet to be seen, but damn does that quality look good.

<link omitted in reply>

I was shooting the HD channel when I posted my video, of which I have since deleted because your video is much more prettier to watch. :-)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:35:39 AM by Jumpondees »

Casey Buck

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 10:46:59 AM »

I can\'t believe it\'s been 17 1/2 years since $ale has been rerun. I wonder what took so long: was Fremantle asking too high of a price all this time, or was GSN simply not interested until now?