Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century to GSN.  (Read 102193 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

$ale of the Century to GSN.
« on: March 20, 2013, 04:17:03 AM »

Listings services (Edit: now with link) now have a revised daytime schedule starting 4/1.

8a: Match Game (replaces Dawson\'s FF)

8:30a: remains MG

9a: Press Your Luck (replaces Perry\'s CS)

9:30a: $ale of the Century (replaces PYL)

Remainder of weekday schedule is the same.

No PDFs yet, so no episode #\'s for $ale or any of the other morning shows (April is usually when the leases get rejiggered).  No idea of the lease range involved, but then again I frankly don\'t *care*. It\'s $ale, on GSN. .  

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:13:08 AM by Seth Thrasher »

Jamey Greek

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:20:00 AM »
Thy could have kept Card Sharks and had a Jim Perry hour and heck, it\'s about time.  But we have lots of $otc episodes on YouTube.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:34:26 AM »

Woah. This is big. Real big.

I must stand and applaud.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

jimlangefan

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:44:32 AM »

I would love for this to be true, but there is something about this that has me skeptical.  I hope I am dead wrong.

TV's Big Dealer

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:51:06 AM »

April 1?

I would love for this to be true, but there is something about this that has me skeptical.  I hope I am dead wrong.

Even if it is an April Fools Day joke, at least GSN knows the show exists and would get the game show blogosphere talking.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:15:48 AM »
April 1?

Going back as far as GSN\'s reacquisition of the G-T library in \'98, most of GSN\'s G-T/Pearson/Fremantle-related leasing decisions (usually as a result of lease expiration) occur in April, with the changes over the last few years always coinciding with the beginning of the month.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:37:24 AM »

IIRC, one year GSN listed \"Say When\" as one of their late Sunday night offerings on April 1, but it didn\'t happen.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:52:47 AM »
IIRC, one year GSN listed \"Say When\" as one of their late Sunday night offerings on April 1, but it didn\'t happen.

2000, I believe. Listed on their website; not sure what they told the listings providers of the era. This go-around, GSN has at least bothered to send the data out to at least one major third-party info provider.

I\'ll actually be more surprised if it *is* a joke/gag than if it\'s not. Modern-era GSN doesn\'t strike me as having quite the same generally fun corporate culture that it did in the past.  Always possible it could be an error, but it seems a highly peculiar one to make. And there\'s definitely quite a bit of precedent in changes appearing on Zap2It first, going back several years.

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 06:08:24 AM »

Not that it matters, (as any era of $ale would be awesome) but which portions of the run did USA air back in the day? I\'m pretty sure there\'s some chunks they never reran.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 06:32:54 AM »

If it\'s Rossi\'s era, I won\'t be thrilled.

aaron sica

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 06:35:04 AM »
If it\'s Rossi\'s era, I won\'t be thrilled.

I don\'t see that happening, as that show was called \"Temptation\".

BillCullen1

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 07:17:51 AM »

Maybe they\'ll run the Perry nighttime eps that were not seen in the NYC area. I believe Matt O was on one of those eps. This came totally out of left field. Is Dawson\'s FF being moved elsewhere on the schedule? If not, I believe it will be the first time his version of FF is not airing on GSN.

Edit - nighttime SOTC did air in NYC on WWOR and later WABC - I didn\'t get the memo. I\'m not sure I even knew there was a nighttime SOTC at the time.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:22:52 AM by BillCullen1 »

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 07:22:19 AM »
Not that it matters, (as any era of $ale would be awesome) but which portions of the run did USA air back in the day? I\'m pretty sure there\'s some chunks they never reran.

They aired most (if not all) of the \'85-\'86 syndicated version and a chunk of the Winner\'s Big Money Game era.

*Indecipherable screaming*

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:05 AM »

The earliest eps of the daytime run I can recall USA having aired (based on hazy memories as well as the eps circulating amongst fans and collectors) are from either very late 1987 or early 1988; the entirety of the syndicated run appears to have been run.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:57:19 AM by Seth Thrasher »

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 09:08:25 AM »

According to Zap2It\'s listings, April 2nd\'s schedule is the same as the old one. Mean.

*Indecipherable screaming*