Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do You Roku?  (Read 29912 times)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Do You Roku?
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2017, 04:32:12 PM »
I just picked up a TCL-Roku tv last week, so that'all give my something to watch.

Happy with it? I feel silly for letting it sway me, but I've been on the fence about getting one because the feet that hold it up look so...ordinary. Almost like something a hobbyist would come up with if the real stand broke.

-Jason

Very slight buyer's remorse for buying the P605 instead of the P607 because of the improved remote of the 607.  The feet are understated, but frankly hidden at the height where you actually watch TV.  That's a good thing, not a bad thing.  Also, they're not adding unnecessarily to the cost for people who mount theirs, and that's also nice.  You might not like how close the feet are to the edges.  If you use them, you really need something wide enough to put it on.

The picture quality is just dandy; you're paying low-end costs for something with a mid-range picture quality.  The P605/607 has local dimming, which is crazy for something at that price point.
 Sound is ass, but that's nothing new.

Also, I've been happily teaching Alexa to do party tricks with it.  So that's fun.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »
Also, I've been happily teaching Alexa to do party tricks with it.  So that's fun.

Are they Alexa-compatible directly, or do you have a Harmony hub or something along those lines?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »

Are they Alexa-compatible directly, or do you have a Harmony hub or something along those lines?

Sorry I missed your question... I understand that the hub works with it, but I'm using a small app called quick remote for right now.  It can control the tv on my tablet and receives alexa commands.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2017, 08:38:33 PM »
Sorry I missed your question... I understand that the hub works with it, but I'm using a small app called quick remote for right now.  It can control the tv on my tablet and receives alexa commands.

Yeah, that was my question, if they worked directly or if there was some kind of go-between to simulate remote commands. Thanks.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe