Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do You Roku?  (Read 30052 times)

TimK2003

Do You Roku?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 05:54:43 PM »

Did that just happen today?  I just watched UK Blockbusters last night around 9PM MT.

snowpeck

Do You Roku?
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »

Apparently.  Was watching WWTBAM using FilmOn\'s Android app a while ago when the stream stopped.  Went back in and it was completely gone.

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

JMFabiano

Do You Roku?
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »
FWIW, for the Candid Camera fans out there, JLTV has now gone even further back to the 1967 CBS episodes with game show panelist Bess Myerson as Allen Funt\'s co-host. I have never seen the color CBS version of candid camera before so this is a big treat!

Trying to remember the HA! airings...wasn\'t this period of time when they had an almost-mod version of the CC theme, and the giant \"smile\" sign? 

I have tried looking through Roku and can\'t find JLTV, unfortunately...am I missing something?

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

TimK2003

Do You Roku?
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »

JLTV is on the left side of this page: 

http://www.roku.com/channels#search/jewish/by-popular

aaron sica

Do You Roku?
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »

I was watching the feed from NowhereTV of ChallengeTV, and it is still listed, but doesn\'t play when you click on it...it goes right back to the option to play it. I had it in the back of my mind that it wasn\'t permanent, but I didn\'t think it would be so soon....

tvmitch

Do You Roku?
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »

Well, that\'s disappointing. Like a free preview of GSN back in the day.

I was able to find a good use of the Roku box by making a little home media server setup, so there\'s that.

You should follow me on Twitter

curtking

Do You Roku?
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 05:05:45 AM »

FilmOn sent an e-mail to its subscribers saying:

Unfortunately due to a European directive, services such as ours have

had to restrict the viewing of certain channels to their respective

countries, therefore UK TV will only be available in the UK, French

channels only available in France, etc.

(I\'m not a subscriber, found this in the comments on the FilmOn FB page.)

Curt

tvmitch

Do You Roku?
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »
FilmOn sent an e-mail to its subscribers saying:

Unfortunately due to a European directive, services such as ours have

had to restrict the viewing of certain channels to their respective

countries, therefore UK TV will only be available in the UK, French

channels only available in France, etc.

(I\'m not a subscriber, found this in the comments on the FilmOn FB page.)

Curt

I have noticed that if you visit filmon.tv when signed into a UK VPN service, you get a whole different list of channels. This is of no help to the Roku crowd, of course.

You should follow me on Twitter

bwood

Re: Do You Roku?
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
Sorry to dig this old thread up but I just got a Roku Streaming Stick with my new TV. What kind of game show options on Roku are out there now, if any? Looks like all of the above mentioned have come and gone. It would have been nice to see Challenge TV. I thought maybe there have been some new discoveries by now if anything different is even out there. I see there are quite a few "hidden" channels on Roku that you have to physically search for. Thanks in advance!

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »
I haven't browsed the channels in a while, but I imagine you might find some B&W stuff on the public domain channels there. Also, Roku added Youtube recently, so there's a great option for watching games. The quality is lost, as you may expect (slightly pixellated), but still a great viewing option.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Tim L

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »
The Former N2TV channel is now called PRO (Peter Rodgers Org. )TV.  As of a few weeks ago, they had everything they had as N2TV, including Celebrity Bowling, The 1969-71 Bill Cosby Show, and I Spy..

TimK2003

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
Sorry to dig this old thread up but I just got a Roku Streaming Stick with my new TV. What kind of game show options on Roku are out there now, if any? Looks like all of the above mentioned have come and gone. It would have been nice to see Challenge TV. I thought maybe there have been some new discoveries by now if anything different is even out there. I see there are quite a few "hidden" channels on Roku that you have to physically search for. Thanks in advance!

YMMV on what you watch, quality-wise, on the YT channel.  While some shows are somewhat grainy, others are in pretty decent shape (just like Nth generation VCR copies you'd get in trades.).

BTW, not only does the PRO channel carry Celebrity Bowling, but they also recently added 7 episodes of "Queen For A Day" -- probably public domain material that is already out there on the trading circuit.

The earliest episodes of Pawnography were available on the Roku History Channel to all, but now it looks like what is available to watch is now behind a (cable?) subscriber wall.

TimK2003

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 11:06:01 AM »
FWIW, I was surfing the Roku channels the other night, and over on their TubiTV channel under the Kids category, they have all the episodes of The Hub's "Family Game Night" and "The Game Of Life" with Frank Nicotero online to watch.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up.  I just picked up a TCL-Roku tv last week, so that'all give my something to watch.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 02:34:56 PM »
I just picked up a TCL-Roku tv last week, so that'all give my something to watch.

Happy with it? I feel silly for letting it sway me, but I've been on the fence about getting one because the feet that hold it up look so...ordinary. Almost like something a hobbyist would come up with if the real stand broke.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck