Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gambit cards  (Read 15898 times)

weaklink75

Gambit cards
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
@wdm1219inpenna:

It\'s the full deck of 52, with no jokers; I doubt any were ever made, since the 

gameplay of Gambit doesn\'t require them.  There\'s no way I can take a picture 

of all of the cards at once without a stepladder, and I don\'t think my living 

room floor is big enough to spread them all out on anyway.  Upon closer 

inspection, some of what I originally thought were stains are actually spots in 

the cardboard itself, while others are mysterious shiny splotches or scuff 

marks.  In my experience, on (what seems to be so far) a one-of-a-kind item 

like this, it\'s best to just leave them alone.

Well they didn\'t have to be perfect cards- just enough to be seen clearly on TV without any major marks visible. I\'m wondering if the scuff marks/splotches have to do with how the cards were sealed after they were shuffled? The CS cards were put in a giant envelope and taped shut, but it looked like (from the surviving ep) the Gambit cards had some sort of a paper band put on them- I wonder how often they made new decks? (I also remember that on a Perry CS ep a card got damaged when the freeze bar got caught in it when it was moving- they didn\'t necessarlily have to junk the deck, just make a new replacement card). Plus you think they\'d have to have several decks to work with for each taping session (figure they needed 4-5 for each episode, since they used a new deck for each match and each bonus game)...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:32:34 PM by weaklink75 »