Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet Another Appearance By...  (Read 49390 times)

Jay Temple

Yet Another Appearance By...
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »
Sudden thought ... wouldn\'t Jack Campion make a great main figure on To Tell The Truth? \"I\'ve been on more game shows than any contestant in history...\"

He would have been a great fit on the 1990 version, since they also had someone whose claim to fame was having been an impostor three times (maybe more). His impostors were two of the central characters!

I told Matt O. once that I thought he\'d be a good central character, between the Bill Cullen page and giving Ken Jennings a run for his money.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
Sudden thought ... wouldn\'t Jack Campion make a great main figure on To Tell The Truth? \"I\'ve been on more game shows than any contestant in history...\"

He would have been a great fit on the 1990 version, since they also had someone whose claim to fame was having been an impostor three times (maybe more). His impostors were two of the central characters!

I remember that episode.  The spot didn\'t really work very well as the panelists really didn\'t know what to ask.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:36:31 PM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 04:47:04 PM »

\'Cept that there are others who might challenge him for that specific title.  When you add pilots and aired shows, our own Mr. West has been in plenty.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 06:51:18 PM »

You could safely say \"I, Jack Campion, am a professional game show contestant...\" (or words to that effect) and go on to explain how he\'s called in for pilot after pilot. Especially back on the old versions, you didn\'t need a bonafide record, or a new book coming out, to be a central subject.

-Jason

Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck