Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Favorite win/loss cues  (Read 16978 times)

doctorwho

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »

Two words: TIIIIIIIME\'S UUUUUP!

As for other cues, hm, let\'s see...

WIN CUES:

Millionaire

Pyramid (Clark)

TPiR (Clangs, whoops, Dig We Must, etc.)

Loss Cues:

See above

The losing horn

Whammy foghorn

If I can think of more, I\'ll definitely put them in.

dale_grass

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 11:14:35 PM »
How could I have forgotten the edit of Dig We Must that plays when someone spins a dollar?!!? 

How indeed? One of my favorites. Akin to the ending from The Feud as Grand Game\'s intro. The more boisterous of the \'76 package (Dig We Must, Feud, Starcrossed, Big Banana, and Bean Stalker) are great high-energy pieces.

Thunder

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:58 PM »

Win cue: \"Super Password\" main game. Seven notes that build that \"win\" feeling. Definitely better within the repetitive \"ding\" sounds, and especially nice to hear when somebody solved the winning puzzle unexpectedly.

JMFabiano

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 05:32:48 PM »

For some reason I also liked the Las Vegas Gambit win cue in the main game.

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

jage

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 01:23:14 PM »

Just about everything from $otc is really thought out. Add to the losing side the music when Jim was going over the missed questions in the speed-up round (first version). One of the few packages of music that I\'d still love to get ahold of, if it still exists. As for the Gong Show, I actually like the little tune played when sending a contestant off more than the actual gong.

jmangin

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 06:49:15 PM »
Win: Both versions of the big win cue on $ale.

I recall someone within the last year or so finding the win music online either buried on the composer\'s site or part of a stock music package. I searched the Video & Audio Clips section for key words like \"$ale\"/\"Sale\"/\"SotC\" etc. but couldn\'t find the link. Does anyone still have this or remember seeing it as well?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Travis L. Eberle

dale_grass

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »

jage

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:15 PM »

Thanks for that link. So it seems like this wasn\'t just created for $OTC then, plus the instrumentation is different than the brassy music used for the rest of the show. Wonder if this was used for anything else. The music on the clip runs a bit fast as well, easily fixable though. Definitely cool to have a copy of this.

SuperMatch93

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:33 PM »
Win: Both versions of the big win cue on $ale.

Is the second version you\'re reffering to this, or something from the 1987 package that I\'m forgetting?

[media]youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uqwgjOFeieI#t=102s[/media]

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:16:54 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »
As for losing cues, how about LMAD\'s zonk horns?

This is another good one, both the 80s and current versions.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

William_S.

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »
<p>Win cues:

The Joker's Wild "Bonus Win". This was best used when Bill Cullen took over and was played for both the front game and bonus.

Millionaire: "You're a Millionaire!! ( $1,000,000 won). this one just sends chills to my spine. All around a great music package!

Sale of the Century's "Big Winners Cue". Marc and Ray sure know how to make great cues and after an epic speed round and with the champion taking the haul, I can't think of anything else to play on there!

Loss cues:

Millionaire: "Epic Fail" Loss of $468,000 ( $1,000,000 lost) Nothing says you've just lost big other than this cue.

A tie between LMAD's (1985/6) and the Gong Show's  Zonk and Gong cue. Both here because the both sound similar to each other, and sometimes I enjoy the sound of a trumpet waa waaing down in to to show the fail of picking a donkey and/or making a complete fool of yourself.

Another tie for Any of the Blockbusters Losses. For some reason I always thought the cue from the 1987 version would make a great cue for losing the trivia ladder in Trivia Trap.

and Finally of course,"buh duh, buh dum, HAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!" the ol' losing horns of TPIR!!</p>
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:03:19 PM by William_S. »

40onTheBlue

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 12:00:20 AM »

Also not really a \"win\" cue, but the sound effect used when a player would roll doubles on the 1978-80 run of High Rollers was always one of my favourites. Does anyone know if it was used in the 1974-76 run, too?

The win cues for the original Gambit are also high on my list. Then again, as a synth player and an electronica lover, Mort Garson is one of my inspirations. With the arguable exception of the closing theme (a very well constructed piece of music in itself but it didn\'t really fit with the overall spirit of the game, IMHO), all of the music on that show was brilliant.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:00:43 AM by 40onTheBlue »
Greetings from Canada.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 01:02:35 AM »
 \"buh duh, buh dum, HAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!\" the ol\' losing horns of TPIR!!

Holy onomatopoeia Batman!

For me, I\'ll limit it to three for each.

Best win cues: Super Password bonus win cue, Millionaire million dollar win cue, Sale of the Century big win cue

Best loss cues: Hollywood Squares car loss cue from Davidson era, TPIR losing horns, Gong Show cue they played the contestants off with.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TimK2003

Favorite win/loss cues
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
Also not really a \"win\" cue, but the sound effect used when a player would roll doubles on the 1978-80 run of High Rollers was always one of my favourites. Does anyone know if it was used in the 1974-76 run, too?

No.  There was some repetitive two-note SFX that AFAIK was never heard on any other show.