Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Revives Minute To Win It  (Read 16188 times)

BrandonFG

GSN Revives Minute To Win It
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 05:48:08 PM »
Seriously, I\'m guessing it\'s another way of saying it\'ll get all the cool kids talking on The Twitters and/or The Facebooks, because that\'s clearly what cool kids do during game shows*. I completely expect a #MTWI hashtag, so people can offer live commentary.

Okay. but my point is, they can do that for ANY programming; they could throw up a hashtag for a goddamn infomercial if they liked. MtWI is not special or notable in that regard. At all.

I agree 100%. But we both know they\'re going to treat it like the Super Bowl. And in typical network fashion, they\'ll treat the first hashtag as \"social media buzz\", even if some snarky jackass in southwestern Virginia puts up some trollolol response just to fark with them.

/Don\'t look at me

//I\'m in southeastern VA

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:48:27 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:55 PM »
Quote from: ndonFG\\\" post=\\\"304 link=topic=24437.msg100\\\" timestamp=\\\"1360013#msg100\\\" timestamp=\\\"1360013 date=0015223\\\"
[quote name=\\\"clemo]FTFA:

“MINUTE TO WIN IT is a buzzy, addictive and social media-friendly show and we are excited to be producing 40 new hour-long episodes,” said Amy Introcaso-Davis, GSN Executive Vice President, Programming.

\"Social media-friendly?\" Really? What the hell does that even MEAN?
Sounds like it\'s a word created by the same people who gave us \"shiny floor shows\".

Seriously, I\'m guessing it\'s another way of saying it\'ll get all the cool kids talking on The Twitters and/or The Facebooks, because that\'s clearly what cool kids do during game shows*. I completely expect a #MTWI hashtag, so people can offer live commentary. I saw something like this on my break during What Not to Wear**, and it\'s about the goofiest damn thing I\'ve ever seen. It works during Super Bowl or awards shows...game shows, not as much.

ZOMFG! SuperCoin for $100,000...I hope they make it! #MTWI

*Okay, to an extent...I\'ve made the occasional joke during TPiR or Jeopardy

**/It was on when I got there
//Honest![/quote]

Well, they could be talking about the videos that people submitted to NBC that made it into the network intro and commercial outros.

I wonder A) if they\'re going to uphold NBC\'s annoying practice of starting a round as they go to commercial and B) who would be a good host. I don\'t think GSN will be looking to Guy to rock any more moms.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »
I wonder A) if they\'re going to uphold NBC\'s annoying practice of starting a round as they go to commercial and B) who would be a good host. I don\'t think GSN will be looking to Guy to rock any more moms.

This is not something I say often, but for something like this, you could do a fair bit worse than Todd Newton.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 08:56:35 PM »
Quote from: mon79\\\" post=\\\"304 link=topic=24437.msg222\\\" timestamp=\\\"1360194#msg222\\\" timestamp=\\\"1360194 date=0194715\\\"
[quote name=\\\"Jeremy Nel]I wonder A) if they\'re going to uphold NBC\'s annoying practice of starting a round as they go to commercial and B) who would be a good host. I don\'t think GSN will be looking to Guy to rock any more moms.

This is not something I say often, but for something like this, you could do a fair bit worse than Todd Newton.[/quote]
Seconded. I think Family Game Night is a good measuring stick of what we\'d see on Minute to Win It, and that wouldn\'t be a bad thing.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »
FTFA:

“MINUTE TO WIN IT is a buzzy, addictive and social media-friendly show and we are excited to be producing 40 new hour-long episodes,” said Amy Introcaso-Davis, GSN Executive Vice President, Programming.

\"Social media-friendly?\" Really? What the hell does that even MEAN?

Sounds like it\'s a word created by the same people who gave us \"shiny floor shows\".

Seriously, I\'m guessing it\'s another way of saying it\'ll get all the cool kids talking on The Twitters and/or The Facebooks, because that\'s clearly what cool kids do during game shows*. I completely expect a #MTWI hashtag, so people can offer live commentary. I saw something like this on my break during What Not to Wear**, and it\'s about the goofiest damn thing I\'ve ever seen. It works during Super Bowl or awards shows...game shows, not as much.

I imagine it\'s most of that, but MTWI lends itself a little better to the whole user-generated content thing than your average game.  Since the major conceit of the game is that you can build your own setups on the cheap, you could see a small flight of YouTube vids and whatnot, and it wouldn\'t surprise me in the least if, presuming the show lasts long enough (or they stagger tape dates long enough), they pull at least one team from their Social Media horde.

This signature is currently under construction.

MTCesquire

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 02:10:17 AM »
This new Minute to Win It is probably a safety net if American Bible Challenge falls and they decide to end Newlywed Game after 6 seasons. Could easily see this being a major hit (500K++ every episode) or not (could be bad with scheduling of new episodes)

What insightful logic...

\"It\'s either going to do a couple seasons or get cancelled after one.\"  Nice deduction, Sherlock.

And if you really think 500k viewers still give a crap about this old ass show you\'re dreaming.  It\'ll be lucky to see \"1 vs. 100\" numbers.

BrandonFG

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
I imagine it\'s most of that, but MTWI lends itself a little better to the whole user-generated content thing than your average game.  Since the major conceit of the game is that you can build your own setups on the cheap, you could see a small flight of YouTube vids and whatnot, and it wouldn\'t surprise me in the least if, presuming the show lasts long enough (or they stagger tape dates long enough), they pull at least one team from their Social Media horde.

I forgot all about that...wasn\'t there also a book that had stunts you could create at home, with household items? Regardless, your explanation makes sense.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 06:24:55 PM »

This new Minute to Win It is probably a safety net if American Bible Challenge falls and they decide to end Newlywed Game after 6 seasons. Could easily see this being a major hit (500K++ every episode) or not (could be bad with scheduling of new episodes)

What insightful logic...

\"It\'s either going to do a couple seasons or get cancelled after one.\"  Nice deduction, Sherlock.

And if you really think 500k viewers still give a crap about this old ass show you\'re dreaming.  It\'ll be lucky to see \"1 vs. 100\" numbers.

What old a** show? Minute to Win It? It was created in 2009, and has been popular on GSN ever since. Not quite sure what you\'re talking about, but if its advertised right and it is a weekly series, then MTWI has potential of Bible-Challenge numbers

What evidence do you have that it will be do better as a weekly series?  Or is your source for this the same one as most of your material?

Hint: \"But American Bible Challenge is a weekly series!!\" doesn\'t wash as an answer.

--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 07:32:08 PM »
Millionaire hurt itself with the celebrity episodes more than the frequency, IMO. It did fine with the nightly 2-week stunts, then again with Super Millionaire and the anniversary week.

Minute To Win It could work if it\'s competently produced...in other words doing the opposite of everything NBC did.

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 08:45:18 PM »

30 minutes, a la 1 vs 100 and so many other shows that were an hour long in primetime but trimmed down for syndication or cable.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 09:00:04 PM »
You\'re right. I\'m wrong. At least I\'ll admit that, unlike some.
Top Tip: Apologizing and then snarking off negates the snark, so you\'re at -1 so far.

Unlike some who? Names please.
Travis L. Eberle

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »
30 minutes, a la 1 vs 100 and so many other shows that were an hour long in primetime but trimmed down for syndication or cable.

Nope, it\'s an hour.  40 hour-long episodes.  Just went back to the press release to confirm.

The way things are these days in the land of Double Run, I\'m a little surprised this doesn\'t happen more often.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 12:40:00 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 03:45:28 PM »

Nope, it\'s an hour.  40 hour-long episodes.  Just went back to the press release to confirm.

The way things are these days in the land of Double Run, I\'m a little surprised this doesn\'t happen more often.

Ah. I stand (or sit) corrected. Okay then...yeah that seems like a bit much.

The NBC version straddled, didn\'t it? This could be interesting...

weaklink75

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »

They\'ve named the host...Ohno..

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/apolo-ohno-to-host-gsns-minute-to-win-it/

Could have been better, could have been worse...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »
The NBC version straddled, didn\'t it? This could be interesting...
In the very early going games could carry over into the next episode, yes.
Travis L. Eberle