Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Terrors  (Read 31071 times)

aaron sica

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »
Who the hell is ALBERTO DEL RIO?

A wrestler.

Thunder

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »

Oh. My eyes. They roll.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:23 AM »
You\'re just jealous because you don\'t have your own personal announcer.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2013, 02:01:08 AM »
You\'re just jealous because you don\'t have your own personal announcer.

I *am* my own personal announcer.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2013, 02:59:25 AM »
I got another one - seeing Jack Barry in those creepy sunglasses hosting the 1976-1977 syndicated version of Break The Bank.

Ah yes...the blind man\'s aviator shades. Richard Dawson wore them for a time on Feud and I found them equally creepy.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

That Don Guy

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Most unsettling thing ever on GSN was \"Beat the Clock\" when they started the \"Hickory Dickory Dock\" thing to open the show. After the song they showed creepy bottom-lit faces of a mom, dad, and young sun, slowly zooming in on their laughing faces as about a hundred people could be heard laughing. Extremely creepy. Ugh! Brrr!

Same with me, and from the fact that it was pulled rather quickly, I have a feeling we were not alone in this.

I can think of two things that I actively tried to avoid: the \"jack in the box\" secret word near the end of the run on the original You Bet Your Life, and the time\'s up signal on the 1970s syndicated Hollywood Squares (which is strange, as I am under the impression that it was the same buzzer as the penalty buzzer on Baffle and (when Chuck needed it) the time\'s up buzzer on The Gong Show), and I didn\'t have a problem with those.  (It may have been combined with the fact that, because (for some strange reason) every TV in my house got both the OTA and cable signals for the local ABC station that it was on, but out of video horizontal sync, the picture was pretty much unwatchable.)

Offshored2007

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2013, 06:31:40 AM »
I got another one - seeing Jack Barry in those creepy sunglasses hosting the 1976-1977 syndicated version of Break The Bank.

Ah yes...the blind man\'s aviator shades. Richard Dawson wore them for a time on Feud and I found them equally creepy.

Also on the syndicated BTB, why did Jaye P. Morgan start hugging everyone on the top row whenever somebody broke the

bank?  Weird,

TimK2003

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »

Also on the syndicated BTB, why did Jaye P. Morgan start hugging everyone on the top row whenever somebody broke the

bank?  Weird,

I don\'t know, but ISTR during the end of the ABC run it seemed to happen more than once that Jaye P. and one of her male celebrity neighbors would go to the floor and all you\'d see are legs sticking up in the air.

M622

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »

i know this isint game show related buts herse thats something thats crepy the DIC kid in ben logo il give you 3 reasons 

1 stalking 

2its dark 

3 (i know it was removed but) the chrior fom hell variant

dale_grass

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2013, 12:09:52 AM »

I agree.  That DIC logo was semi-creepy.  I had never heard the choir version until just now and can definitely see it being unsettling for a youngster.

Welcome to the board, M622!

NickS

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2013, 05:31:38 PM »

Eh, we used to make fun of the DiC logo reveal.

Now, between some of the logo reveals on here, like WorldVision and Viacom, those sucked.  Not appearing in that picture but also ginormously unsettling for a kid in the 70\'s was the Mark VII logo.