Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Things you could swore you remember.....  (Read 5827 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Things you could swore you remember.....
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »
I think he\'s referring to the incident when the Big Spin ball landed in the top prize, the contestant started celebrating, and the ball landed in a different space, leading to a lawsuit.

Yes, this. Which Anderson claimed to be the host for two decades later.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
I think he\'s referring to the incident when the Big Spin ball landed in the top prize, the contestant started celebrating, and the ball landed in a different space, leading to a lawsuit.

Well, that\'s the general version, but two big problems were that

1) the host (Geoff Edwards, who had just taken over from Chuck Woolery) called the contestant a winner despite the fact that the ball hadn\'t been in the top prize slot for the required five seconds to be \"official\", and

2) the contestant\'s celebrating (and those of her friends/family) caused the ball to be dislodged and go into the lowest-valued space.

Those, plus a picture showing the celebration and the dislodged ball plus (IIRC) videotaped proof that the \"five-second rule\" hadn\'t been regularly enforced led to a win in that contestant\'s favor.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 07:01:38 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Mr. Brown

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »
Apparently I remember Fox never having any daytime programming... But we have already debunked that.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Jay Temple

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »

One contestant on Alex Trebek\'s Double Dare slipped and phrased a response in the form of a question. (I\'m not positive, but in a coincidence, I think it was a guy who would later be a champion on Trebek\'s Jeopardy!) I saw that episode during the show\'s original run. Between then and seeing the show again on GSN, I somehow misremembered it as being the rule.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.