Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Garbage Inducts Golden-road.net  (Read 30406 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Garbage Inducts Golden-road.net
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 01:04:24 AM »
Isn\'t this making a mountain out of a molehill?

If \"Christ, how I hate that word\" is a mountain, then if you want to call it that, great.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 03:21:23 AM »
Gee, Dan, thanks a lot for grossly oversimplifying a story that you weren\'t involved in, thus opening up the people who were involved in it to uninformed criticism.

I\'m not going to try to give all the details of what went on after Season 36 ended, because it was four and a half years ago, the details have gotten a little hazy in my memory, and I don\'t think most of the people here care all that much about it, anyway, but there was certainly more to it than a weird dinner conversation.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 04:15:02 AM »

I\'m a longtime fan of the WrestleCrap site.  As PYLdude noted, they keep their material fresh, and that site is about something that has a fandom that\'s widespread, not something that only a small amount of us are interested in.  Seidy once told me in Palace that he asked the people behind the WrestleCrap site if it would be OK for him to do a similar site about game shows, and that he got the OK to do it.  Whether or not he was given the OK, I\'m not going to jump the gun and say \"Yeah, right.\"  If anything, if he did get the OK, the folks at WrestleCrap obviously had no idea that the site would turn out to be a total piece of s**t, or they just didn\'t give a s**t.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:15:56 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 05:14:40 AM »
Gee, Dan, thanks a lot for grossly oversimplifying a story that you weren\'t involved in, thus opening up the people who were involved in it to uninformed criticism.

...I did? Wow. Apologies for that.

Admittedly, I was going by memory and my own recollection was hazy, but that\'s still not an excuse and I\'ll gladly take my lumps like a man.

The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

JMFabiano

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »
With what shall we replace it?

I don\'t care. But in my experience \"fanDOM\" is a word most commonly used by fanBOIZ.

Maybe we should come up with a marketable phrase like \"the GSF Universe.\"

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
or they just didn\'t give a s**t.

Exceptionally likely this. They know very well they don\'t have any sort of claim to the concept of a \"things that suck about something\" website, so they rolled their eyes and said \"yeah, sure\" because that was the fastest way to get him to go away.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
apparently, Drew -- who had invited them to a meal -- kept going on and on about Second Life and wanted little to do with discussing Price), Marc made the decision to not try and establish contacts/friendships with those who replaced Roger. That was his decision.

If someone\'s paying for my dinner, I think its polite to discuss things they might be interested in.

On the other hand, if the host of a television show invites the owners of his show\'s largest fan site to dinner, I think there would be a reasonable expectation that the topic of the television show in question would be discussed.

But, as Steve said, there are a lot of factors involved here, most of which I was never privy to in the first place.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:02:33 PM by Mr. Armadillo »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
or they just didn\'t give a s**t.

Exceptionally likely this. They know very well they don\'t have any sort of claim to the concept of a \"things that suck about something\" website, so they rolled their eyes and said \"yeah, sure\" because that was the fastest way to get him to go away.

I would agree for a different reason, though. Rob was actually writing for WrestleCrap for awhile (Jobber of the Week columns, largely) and he wasn\'t doing the best job of it (although it wasn\'t bad- the guy who did most of the writing for that, a man Rob claims gave him the blessing, was far and away better). And if I remember it, he polled the WC forums and they were for the most part in favor of him doing a game show-related site like that. I would believe that it might have been just so he would stop posting there, considering how much of a rep he has on certain forums.

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022