Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel and Jeopardy Xbox Expansions  (Read 2378 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Wheel and Jeopardy Xbox Expansions
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:47:52 AM »

The original \"More GS Games Coming Soon\" thread was archived, so I wasn\'t exactly sure where to put this.

Anyhoo, Wheel and Jeopardy both have expansion packs available at 400 points a piece. Wheel has an 80s expansion that lets you play on the classic 80s set- turntable and all. Jeopardy hasn\'t followed suit....yet.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:55:11 AM »
Hmm, did those just come out? Maybe I\'ll see if I can get them a little love on the Dash next week.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:35 AM »
Hmm, did those just come out? Maybe I\'ll see if I can get them a little love on the Dash next week.

the puzzle/clue expansions have been out for a few weeks. The 80s expansion for Wheel couldn\'t have been out for more than a week.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:52:25 AM »
the puzzle/clue expansions have been out for a few weeks. The 80s expansion for Wheel couldn\'t have been out for more than a week.
Huh. Hmm, thinking about it maybe we did run them when the DLC shipped if it was a few weeks ago. Alright, thanks. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 03:33:04 AM »

Any word on the same thing happening for the PS3? I don\'t want to regret not buying the Xbox 360 versions of either of these games...

patnvanna83

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:43 AM »

WOF wise I wish they did the same for the Wii U, but oh well.

also Jeremy, which \"80s set\" are you talking about? is it the 1983 syndicated premiere one?

hopefully THQ/Pipeworks will have DLC expansion packs with:

1988 \"New York\" set

1992 set

1997 set w/ Touch Screen Puzzleboard

and even though I doubt this will happen, but I would like to see them recreate the 1975 set from the Chuck/Susan NBC daytime era. (again Wishful Thinking!)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:39:19 AM »

While we\'re on the topic of WoF/J! video games, how are those titles for the Wii U?  Would they be worth paying $30 apiece when the games drop to that price point?  Gotta figure it\'s only a matter of time until the inevitable price drop happens, plus sales for the Wii U have been, thus far, underwhelming.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »

In other related news, THQ sold off the majority of their properties earlier this week; I assume that means we won\'t be seeing any new material coming down the chute. Such a shame too- they did such a great job with these versions of Wheel and Jeopardy.

bwood

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 12:10:51 AM »
I have Jeopardy! For WiiU. I have only played it twice so I don\'t really know a whole lot about how it compares to other Wii version yet. Still comparing the two. The first and most glaring thing I noticed was that there is no way to type in your name or write your name on the podium from what I can tell. If there is some way to do it please let me know. Here we are with a new system with a stylus to write and this feature isn\'t included. I can\'t even type my name in. No option for that. Everything simply says Player 1, Player 2, Player 3. Kind of a minor non-gameplay gripe but it doesn\'t make a lick of sense to me. I always liked the custom aspect of writing my name on the podium in past Jeopardy video games. It looks like you may be able to do this is Xbox and PS versions? The WiiU version is priced $20 more and appears to not have that little feature. Like I said I haven\'t played it much yet but so far my fiance and I like the original 1st edition better. There\'s just something off about this one to us.