Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $OTC Fame Game Board  (Read 2025 times)

beatlefreak84

$OTC Fame Game Board
« on: December 19, 2003, 05:03:54 PM »
Hello all,

I just got through watching Jamie's great clips of $OTC and Scrabble (great clips, Jamie; they let me relive my days of youth (most kids woke up to Sesame Street and Mister Rogers; I woke up to these!)!

Anyway, while watching the $OTC clip, I had that burning question in my head again about the Fame Game format, and that's why they switched to the randomizer instead of just picking the numbers.

I'm sure they were probably trying to take a page out of the book of PYL, but is this the primary (or only) reason the change was made?  I guess the real question is, does anybody know for sure (and with proof) why the change was made?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but it just occurred to me at this particular moment!

Thanks in advance,

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

catkins522

$OTC Fame Game Board
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 06:03:35 PM »
I was wondering why they switched celebrities fame board to just the numbers.  Did they switch from NBC to Syn?

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

zachhoran

$OTC Fame Game Board
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2003, 07:26:58 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Dec 19 2003, 06:03 PM\'] I was wondering why they switched celebrities fame board to just the numbers.  Did they switch from NBC to Syn?

Charles [/quote]
 My guess is that contestant might have forgotten the names of celebs on the board. NBC managed to get show plugs out of a lot of the faces on the board. By the time the syndie version debuted, the Fame Game had been using numbers 1-9 for close to a year.

SplitSecond

$OTC Fame Game Board
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2003, 07:53:01 PM »
On more than one occasion, I'd seen contestants glancing down at their podiums before making a Fame Game choice.  Methinks they had cheat sheets, just in case they couldn't remember which one was Charlotte Rae.

whewfan

$OTC Fame Game Board
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 06:01:22 AM »
Another possible reason was to increase the chances of picking the $10, $20, and $30 money cards, which added to the player's score. Summer would reveal where each money card was for each try at the Fame Game board.