Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century - Confetti Question  (Read 17335 times)

Mario

$ale of the Century - Confetti Question
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »
It seems that whenever I post anything new here, I feel I'm not long for this forum.

I do not mean any offense towards any of you here, and I sincerely apologize if ever I have offended you.

~Ben

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:03 PM »
Does anyone know if the confetti they used was round or square? Like, did they have a large hole punch to make round confetti, or was it just the shredded square kind?

I've checked some YouTube videos, but they're too poor quality to make out.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
From what I've seen, it looks round.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jumpondees

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 12:58:38 AM »
Wow...Just wow.  Most days I come to the GSF to learn things I haven't previously known before, Some days I come to clarify previous knowledge, but some days I stay for the comic relief.  Thank you GSF!

All I have to say about this topic is this...

[media]http://youtu.be/ZpmIBJ_MKas[/media]

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 01:28:26 AM »
It seems that whenever I post anything new here, I feel I'm not long for this forum.

I do not mean any offense towards any of you here, and I sincerely apologize if ever I have offended you.

~Ben

Look, Ben, it's not the fact that you're offending people- what you're saying, honestly, is about as far from offensive.

The issue that some seem to have with what you actually are posting is that, for what it looks like, you apparently have an obsession with insignificant minutiae and it's not really something that everyone wants to read (if I'm to go by what I've seen and what I've said to you in the past). It just makes you seem a) overly obsessed and b) a know-it-all (in certain cases like your quirks post- which, BTW, I wouldn't consider Summer Bartholomew playing tennis a quirk. Now, if she enjoyed playing tennis in her birthday suit on a daily basis, that would apply. But it doesn't as you wrote it).

And besides, unless you do something incredibly stupid (i.e. whammy5000's post about substituting phallic euphemisms for words in GS titles or a certain user calling Matt O. a dried meat product), you're probably not going to be stopped from posting anytime soon. Just try going at it a different way and see what happens. And try and be a little more sane with some of your observations.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 01:54:11 AM »
Now, if she enjoyed playing tennis in her birthday suit on a daily basis, that would apply.

Come again?

/don't mind if I do
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 04:51:48 AM »
My take on it would be that someone with said allergy would try out for Jeopardy! where they don't drop balloons.  It's like fast food.  I react badly to those tiny onions McDonald's puts on their hamburgers.  Rather than upset their routine, I go to Burger King.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 02:07:24 PM »
In your daily life when you're talking to people or sending e-mails, do you stop to ponder how your words will be received, or do you just open up the tap and let fly? Because this isn't just your own private sandbox, you have to relate to people and have conversations with them and absorb what they tell you. (I guess you don't have to, but your stay will be unpleasant otherwise.)

The whole Ben/Mario deal doesn't help your cause either.
Travis L. Eberle

Mario

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
In your daily life when you're talking to people or sending e-mails, do you stop to ponder how your words will be received, or do you just open up the tap and let fly? Because this isn't just your own private sandbox, you have to relate to people and have conversations with them and absorb what they tell you. (I guess you don't have to, but your stay will be unpleasant otherwise.)

The whole Ben/Mario deal doesn't help your cause either.
"Mario" is my childhood nickname, of course (from Super Mario Bros.)

I wish I could remain here, but I just can't seem to find anything to talk about here that's already been discussed at length.

~Ben "Mario" Edge

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 03:33:05 AM »
The two times that I've seen a balloon drop on a TV set, the clean-up procedure was as follows: A few stagehands wander around the floor, each one holding a stick with a few nails embedded in one end. Pop, pop, pop. Another stagehand follows with a vacuum cleaner.

What brand of vacuum?

Mr. Brown

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »

I\'m going to ask you a question that our associate circuit judge asks a lot of people:

Can you pass a drug test today? Did you study real hard?

/Actually, that\'s two questions...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:11:11 PM by Mr. Brown »
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

MTCesquire

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 03:32:45 AM »

Upon reading the initial post and noticing this thread went to six pages my first thought was \"way to feed the trolls, guys\".  Then I read through the responses and it seems that this guy really was serious about his question.  And to that I say...all the awesomeness that was the Jim Perry \"$ale of the Century\" and the only thing you have to ask about it was the balloons?  The balloons that only made an appearance whenever someone won the lot, which was...oh, just guessing here...nowhere NEAR often enough to warrant such a question?

Actually, screw the OP.  I just wanted the opportunity to express to the internet that I loved \"$ale\" but, besides the main theme and shopping music, it had THE worst music package on any game show I\'ve ever seen.  *sigh* There...I feel better.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »
I feel that a lot of the instant bargain music added to the ambience of the show, like you were actually at a shopping mall. It\'s too bad that a lot of it is lost, though.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983