Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jim MacKrell on Stu's Show January 9th  (Read 3175 times)

Matt Ottinger

Jim MacKrell on Stu's Show January 9th
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:51 PM »
Stu Shostak's guest on his podcast internet radio thingy next week will be the Celebrity Sweepstakes host.  More info here.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »

I listened to this show and found it really interesting.  I noticed that Jim stated all the episodes of Celebrity Sweepstakes were erased partly because of the ownership issues with the show.  I know we\'ve heard in the past that Burt Sugarman *might* have them.  Because of his involvement with the show, I wonder if Jim knows for sure or is just assuming... 

For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »

I know The Game Game isn\'t on anybody\'s \"most interesting\" list, but to hear MacKrell tell it, he went into his meeting with Barris thinking he was up for the announcing role, only to find that Chuck wanted him to host the untelevised runthroughs.  He said the assumption was that Barris himself would host the show when it went to series.  Given that The Gong Show was still seven years away, and even on that show, Chuck didn\'t appear to be his own first choice to host, it seems strange that he was entertaining thoughts of an on-camera career years earlier.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 10:46:48 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.