Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What should fill Friday nights?  (Read 7819 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
What should fill Friday nights?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 01:27:37 AM »
To answer the original question posed, the syndie panel shows from the 70s and early 80s haven't aired in a while. GSN could air an hour each of WML (one ep each of Bruner and Blyden) and TTTT (one ep each of Moore and Robin Ward). How they do ratings wise is anybody's guess.

Don't feed him.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 01:29:07 AM »
You know what? There's a pattern I've noticed. Probably don't mean a whole lot but has anyone else noticed that after Mr. Benmario started lurking (or got his privileges pulled, who knows), someone else picked the slack up in his department (i.e. random threads that not too many people will find interesting)?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 02:40:04 AM »
Fresh from the GSN press release I just made up:

Celebrity marriages are always on the out and out, so what better way to show celebrity unity than a fun game of "Tattletales"! Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries? Bah, humbug! Jo Ann Worley and Roger Perry sound more like it! Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore? Pshhh! Elizabeth Allen and her guy Charles Nelson Reilly is the way to go! You can't go wrong when so many of the answers are right! Why let failure bring you down when the Banana section is so bright? The 70s were a transformation for the country as it became more free and accepting. Today, it just seems like a day at grandma's. Remember those? Those were nice weren't they? If so, then drop on by Friday nights at 8pm EST for a lovely nostalgia trip guaranteed to send you running to Jared's to marry the first thing with an elongated ring finger. Come join us!
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
(is this an unhealthy obsession with the GSN schedule or am I going crazy?)

No, this is.

Ahem.
I just want to say for the record, I find it, at a minimum, for Derek Jeter's #1 fan here to go back and edit his post when he was called out for being a hypocrite.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dale_grass

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »
Hey, didja see that?  Both Lego Yank and chickenlover87 edited their posts to make themselves look less foolish.  Sadly, that only works if nobody catches it.  The fact that the former thought he could hide a massive multicolored post and the later thought he could hide a post that was quoted directly beneath itself speaks volumes.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  All I know is I still have half my presents to wrap.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:41:39 PM by dale_grass »

Mr. Matté

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:32 AM »
I don't know if it's possible with the Invision software, but is there a way to set a maximum allowable time for post editing? Something like 10 minutes would be reasonable to catch mistakes, but when there's incidents like this, its only use is to allow a user hide his own stupidity (and IIRC, Benfield did the same with that long off-topic thread that spawned the Off-Topic Board).

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »
the former thought he could hide a massive multicolored post

Now I'm curious -- exactly what did he do?  All I saw was your post mocking him in the other thread.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:50 AM »
He had a long list of events that occured on GSN this year with a different color for each month.  Babblefish couldn't tell me what it said, unfortunately.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 04:54:55 AM »
He had a long list of events that occured on GSN this year with a different color for each month.

Holy good Lord.  That isn't even funny -- it's just sad.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 05:11:40 AM »
Friday night could be GSN movie night.  Quiz Show, Mallrats, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, etc.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 05:33:45 PM »
He had a long list of events that occured on GSN this year with a different color for each month.

Holy good Lord.  That isn't even funny -- it's just sad.

Yeah, where was Lego Yank's Amazing Technicolor Dream Post anyway?

dale_grass

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »
Yeah, where was Lego Yank's Amazing Technicolor Dream Post anyway?

The link I posted to earlier with 'Ahem' lead to the GSN in 2012 thread, whose first post was a rundown of what he deemed the milestones, highlights, and lowlights of GSN in 2012, all grouped somehow (I forget how/why) by color.  He finished the post off by promising there was more analysis on the way, which I believe constituted a violation of one of the Geneva Conventions.

In short, Lego Yank has an unhealthy obsession with GSN programming/ratings/acquisitions/marathons, and unfortunately it looks as though I have an unhealthy obsession with his obsession.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go consume some cookies and milk so my nephews and niece will find an empty plate in the morning and continue believing in Santa.  And to all a good night.

Brian44

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
In short, Lego Yank has an unhealthy obsession with GSN programming/ratings/acquisitions/marathons, and unfortunately it looks as though I have an unhealthy obsession with his obsession.

Considering this forum's demographics, my question is nearly rhtetorical, but I'll ask anyway: Do we even know for sure that LetsGoYankees is a "he"?

cacLA8383

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 12:55:28 AM »
Because Improv isn't working.

Let's be realistic: 5th Grader, Minute to Win It, The Pyramid, more Feud, or classics again?

Thousand Dollar Bee.

(I'll always thank/blame Klauss for showing many of us a video of that a long time ago.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 12:56:22 AM by cacLA8383 »