Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'Never before seen' Match Game pilot?  (Read 35718 times)

LetsGoYankees

'Never before seen' Match Game pilot?
« on: December 16, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
This text was at the bottom right corner as a on-air promo during Family Feud last night. It said also 'during Match Game Christmas Day marathon', and 'Happy Holiplays'.

Wonder if we will see more Match Game besides the '74 and '75 we see now. Looks like at least one episode will not be
gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
It IS the show's 50th anniversary, or at least, it's the 50th anniversary of the ORIGINAL Match Game, so it would be a good time to show it.
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

weaklink75

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »
TV Guide has the listings of most of the shows they're airing from 8AM-5PM- The 60's MG pilot is airing at 8AM, the 70's pilot is airing at 9AM, and they even got a ep from '98 at 4PM (is this the first time GSN has aired the '98 version?)

http://tvguide.com/N...cs-1057919.aspx
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:12:03 PM by weaklink75 »

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »
TV Guide has the listings of most of the shows they're airing from 8AM-5PM- The 60's MG pilot is airing at 8AM, the 70's pilot is airing at 9AM, and they even got a ep from '98 at 4PM (is this the first time GSN has aired the '98 version?)

I just got a hold of the PDF schedule for the week... the 4PM hour isn't listed for some reason, but yes that would be the first time GSN's ever aired that version.

Particularly interested to see the 73 pilot scheduled (listed as "Pilot A" on the PDF).
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

catnap1972

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
they even got a ep from '98 at 4PM (is this the first time GSN has aired the '98 version?)

Looks like the Mayans were right (albeit a couple of days late)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:12:54 PM by catnap1972 »

JerrysFeudinAgain

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 07:50:14 PM »

Over/under of Bill Clinton jokes on the MG '98 episode? :)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 08:10:23 PM »
40.5 is where I set the break point.
Travis L. Eberle

JMFabiano

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
and they even got a ep from '98 at 4PM (is this the first time GSN has aired the '98 version?)

Awaiting a "GSN, now THIS is a new low for you" thread in 5...4...3...2...*

Seriously, though, if they wanted to go through MG's history and show rarities, there are better alternatives.  Lease an MG/HS episode (though the dual ownership issue is a problem, and/or if the Rayburn Embargo is real, the estate might be maintaining it).  Air the MG90 pilot with Bert Convy, since they are showing pilots**.  I'd even settle for the Gameshow Marathon episode or an episode of the Canadian series.

* - That said, suddenly those joke schedules from the original "new low" thread, with Pearson's 1990s and 2000s input, don't seem so funny anymore.
** - However, I am not desperate enough for the Tilton pilot.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:29:43 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

chad1m

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:35 PM »
Seriously, though, if they wanted to go through MG's history and show rarities, there are better alternatives.
Cripes. You get two things never seen on TV before and something never seen on GSN, yet you're not satisfied?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:36:45 PM by chad1m »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 08:37:33 PM »
I'm surprised that GSN hasn't at least entertained the notion of picking up the '98 series for a spell- they run/have run almost every edition of Feud under the sun...
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JMFabiano

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 08:43:32 PM »
Seriously, though, if they wanted to go through MG's history and show rarities, there are better alternatives.
Cripes. You get two things never seen on TV before and something never seen on GSN, yet you're not satisfied?

Oh, I'm happy about TMG pilot (shoot, any time we get to see any "new" eps of the '60s series) and the MG7x pilot.  I am just saying that that third spot could have had better occupants if they were going for "never before seen" on GSN and/or TV, and ones that would serve the same purpose of a MG98 episode, but with better quality.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:52:07 PM by JMFabiano »

snowpeck

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
4:30PM is still TBD... I wonder if they're trying for an episode of the new Canadian version.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »

Oh, I'm happy about TMG pilot (shoot, any time we get to see any "new" eps of the '60s series) and the MG7x pilot.  I am just saying that that third spot could have had better occupants if they were going for "never before seen" on GSN, and ones that would serve the same purpose of a MG98 episode.

Such as?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JMFabiano

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »

Oh, I'm happy about TMG pilot (shoot, any time we get to see any "new" eps of the '60s series) and the MG7x pilot.  I am just saying that that third spot could have had better occupants if they were going for "never before seen" on GSN, and ones that would serve the same purpose of a MG98 episode.

Such as?

Purpose?  To air something not seen before on GSN, and/or outside of the trading circuit...which is what GSN wants in MG98 I guess (more the former than latter, of course...or was anyone crazy enough to tape and keep MG98 videos?!!?)

Occupants?  I named some...MG/HS (most of which hasn't been seen in nearly 30 years), MG90, Convy '90 pilot(s)...there are people who'd rather see any of those than the '98 series, I'm sure...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:57:13 PM by JMFabiano »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »

Oh, I'm happy about TMG pilot (shoot, any time we get to see any "new" eps of the '60s series) and the MG7x pilot.  I am just saying that that third spot could have had better occupants if they were going for "never before seen" on GSN and/or TV, and ones that would serve the same purpose of a MG98 episode, but with better quality.
Or, you could have the same old stuff.  "Yes, but..." isn't a valid response.
--Mark
Phil 4:13