Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Year end awards?  (Read 2431 times)

tommycharles

Year end awards?
« on: December 18, 2003, 07:48:46 PM »
It seems someone always used to do this on ATGS, but I haven't seen anything about them round these parts....anyone know who/if it's still an annual "thing"?

T

CBSJokersWildFan

Year end awards?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 10:59:36 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Dec 18 2003, 07:48 PM\']It seems someone always used to do this on ATGS, but I haven't seen anything about them round these parts....anyone know who/if it's still an annual "thing"?

[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, Jay Lewis hosted the awards at the ezBoard last year.

When does the balloting usually begin for those awards?

catkins522

Year end awards?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 11:04:35 PM »
I was wondering when is the Final 4/Basketball 64 Game Show ballot going to be announced?

Charles Atkins

"Come on, I want to hear "Your in the Picture" #1"
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

zachhoran

Year end awards?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 11:12:51 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Dec 18 2003, 11:04 PM\'] I was wondering when is the Final 4/Basketball 64 Game Show ballot going to be announced?

Charles Atkins

"Come on, I want to hear "Your in the Picture" #1" [/quote]
 That wouldn't be until February IIRC.

tomalhe

Year end awards?
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 04:56:06 PM »
the lame basketball madness version was to start January of last year according to this : http://members.tripod.com/Loogaroo/gameshow/index.html.

Don't worry, the Perfesser will let everyone know when that one starts.

bandit_bobby

Year end awards?
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 06:35:45 PM »
My Awards:

Player of the Year: Nancy Christy. We all know why. And IMO, how she came back to win it was one of the most exciting moments I've ever seen.

Inspirational Player of the Year: Jeffery Jenkins, H2. Certainly a nice follow up to Eddie Timanus's appearances on J!.

Michael Larson Moment of the Year: Brian Weikle's J! reign of terror.

Heartbreaker of the Year: Jennifer ALMOST wins $1 Million on TPIR.

The Charlie Brown Award: That Anthony guy on Wheel of Fortune.

gameshowguy2000

Year end awards?
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 06:43:24 PM »
And 2 people tie for the Numbskull of the Year Award:

1. Janet (from Weakest Link), for asking George Gray to repeat the $25K question as time runs out. As a result, she doesn't answer the question, and in addition, for doing a stupid thing like that, she gets voted off FIRST!

2. Lisa Achtenstein (from Millionaire), for being the first WOMAN to bomb out on the First question, which was "According to the famous song "NY, NY" the opening lyrics ask you to "Start spreading the" what?" She said Word. DIMWIT. It was NEWS. Anyone from NY, and/or anyone who knows this song, must've been stupid enough to miss a question like that, since it was Big Apple Week.

Mike Tennant

Year end awards?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 07:21:17 PM »
Gutsy player of the year:  The guy who bid $1 on his showcase during the Barker 80th Birthday MDS. . .and won because his opponent had overbid by $420!