Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Boards going down soon?  (Read 5782 times)

xavier45

GSN Boards going down soon?
« on: December 12, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »
http://www.gsn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9217

Seems that GSN is pondering whether to keep the boards up or not. The message boards have become a cesspool ever since the changeover, and many regular posters have went elsewhere leading to less and less posts. If I had to make a guess, I would say that this may be the beginning of the end of the GSN message boards. Which in my opinion is a long time coming.

JMFabiano

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
And so the exile of the Threes begins...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:49:36 AM »
Didn't the GSN boards go poof before? Seems like they had a board go under ca. 2003-04. I remember posting there a few times after I left a.t.g-s.
Bobby Peacock

William_S.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:22:42 AM »
Threes?

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 03:36:29 AM »
Threes?

The average mental age of GSN Boards users?
Bobby Peacock

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 08:52:00 AM »
He is the Lorax.  He speaks for the Threes.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 10:40:26 PM »
I think it "changed" when the forums (and Game Show Network) changed identities. The identity change = new forums.

\\ I still think my old game ideas are still on the old site.
\\\\ Search function don't fail me now!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:40:43 PM by Strikerz04 »

dazztardly

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 10:29:22 AM »
http://www.gsn.com/f...read.php?t=9217

Seems that GSN is pondering whether to keep the boards up or not. The message boards have become a cesspool ever since the changeover, and many regular posters have went elsewhere leading to less and less posts. If I had to make a guess, I would say that this may be the beginning of the end of the GSN message boards. Which in my opinion is a long time coming.

Absolutely. Wouldn't surprise me if GSN removes their messageboards. Back in the early days of flashgameshows.com, we got a rid of our message boards for the same reasons.

William_S.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 01:59:13 AM »

Absolutely. Wouldn't surprise me if GSN removes their messageboards. Back in the early days of flashgameshows.com, we got a rid of our message boards for the same reasons.
Really? Were we all that bad?! I mean there were some great people that posted up a storm over there and having some great conversations. Yet there were also some bad apple here nor there and some disputes over stupid stuff and posters did have some ego trips. Other than that , It felt like home compaired to others that might've been floating around at the time. After the delete I made my way here and just lurked for a bit .( actually it was before the deletion ) I've seen of the GSN forums and at time I have no clue whats going on, or was a bit afraid to click on the threads .  Eventually I did see some , I thought some were ok ok but others made me shake my head,but at least it's not like what ATGS has festered into. going back to the FlashGames^2 Forums, I thought It was because it was too much to handle  or taking up space . Not so much on the users. Even though you did have some good moderators.

Thunder

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 02:22:26 PM »
If they were going to do it, they'd have done it by now.

This is just shameless whoring for "WE LOVE ALL THINGS GSN!" replies

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 03:55:41 PM »
Really? Were we all that bad?!
Given your history here, I want to know who elected you ambassador of the Flashgames message board membership.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 01:57:49 AM »
Really? Were we all that bad?!
Given your history here, I want to know who elected you ambassador of the Flashgames message board membership.

Would you rather have Mr. Smith as that ambassador or Mr. Mokracek, who led the league in most posts? (I think...I was up there, I know, before I got my account deleted for reasons that were never made clear to me despite what Mr. Berger has said in the past...and that might not be the best thing to admit, lol)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:11:36 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JonSea31

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 08:45:15 PM »
I am not sure what the main driver in the decline of forum membership may be, but it could be at least one of the following factors:

1.  Inaccessibility.  The site may not be accessible as easily as the old boards.

2. Problematic users and spammers causing trouble.

3.  More than one message board devoted to game shows.  G-R.net is devoted to The Price is Right, and I thought I read somewhere that posting activity on that forum is down as of lately, but not as significantly as GSN's boards.

4.  Facebook.  I noticed that RealityTVRules.net was shut down within the last few months in favor of a Facebook page.  Plus, membership on RealityTVRules.net went down significantly, as there were so few new members in the last year of business.  Facebook is a site where people meet and is likely one of the reasons why some online message boards are heading the way of the dinosaur.

Worst case scenario, if the GSN boards disappear completely, all I can say is, it was a wonderful ride, that's all I gotta say.
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 10:06:59 PM »
Worst case scenario, if the GSN boards disappear completely, all I can say is, it was a wonderful ride, that's all I gotta say.
And by "wonderful ride", you mean sitting on a school bus whose shocks are blown, in the seat directly over the rear wheel well while driving on a gravel road.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:10:11 PM by MikeK »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
And by "wonderful ride", you mean sitting on a school bus whose shocks are blown, in the seat directly over the rear wheel well while driving on a gravel road.

One man's trash is another man's treasure, Klaussie. Remember that.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022