Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)  (Read 47677 times)

tvwxman

GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »
A lot of the stuff you just read was stuff that I wrote that I am now officially, deeply sorry for, and humiliated by.

Good. Now post less, and read more.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
A lot of the stuff you just read was stuff that I wrote that I am now officially, deeply sorry for, and humiliated by.
I'm willing to accept that...as long as you're not saying that to get off the hook. Just remember that a lot of us here have long memories.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »
BTW, Brandon, I have something else that I'd like to address to you as well. But I prefer to tell you about via email as opposed to profile feed.

I don't like the fact that the new version of this forum took away the email option.

NickS

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »
I'm going to take the Abell approach here and say that the Card Sharks/Press Your Luck leases costed $7.95 each.

If the leaser is offering $7.95 for each property, then I'll take both and find it time where I work at.

/OH YOU MEANT PER EPISODE
//I think you're taking the wrong approach
///I like where this thread is-- oh, it's already there

J.R.

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
No offense, but you're gonna have to prove it with by "walking the walk" this time. Next time you throw a hissy fit over GSN's decisions or have a public meltdown over a critical post and you'll render this apology hollow.

For now: I'm willing to let it go. Preform your end of the bargain and all will be well.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:50:02 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2012, 04:33:35 PM »
I'm willing to accept that...as long as you're not saying that to get off the hook. Just remember that a lot of us here have long memories.
Did anybody as a youth mean it when you said "I'm sorry"? Cuz this sounds "I'm sorry I said some stupid stuff and made myself out to be an enormous toolbag."
Travis L. Eberle

Johnissoevil

« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
I myself am going to give you a chance, GSLover87, that's all I'm going to say.  Raygor and BFG said all that needed to be said.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
As for me, I'm going to take the apology with a huge pile of salt.

GSL may claim he's changed, but it's only going to be a matter of time before he says something that's either a) utterly offensive, or b) nonsensical.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

NickS

« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »
We know it's not that cheap, but you're gotta admit a 200-episode lease of any pre-1990 show on the GSN schedule now is pretty dirt cheap because no other networks want them.

So is it "not that cheap" or is it "pretty dirt cheap?"

Pick a lane.

I love when people are deluded enough that a per-show cost is under $10 for a national network.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:33 PM »
We know it's not that cheap, but you're gotta admit a 200-episode lease of any pre-1990 show on the GSN schedule now is pretty dirt cheap because no other networks want them.
I admit no such thing because I, just like you, not only don't know what the lease would cost, but even further don't know how that number compares to similarly-aged programming. And even further than THAT, I couldn't say how those numbers fit into GSN's finances.

And until YOU can cite those numbers, you need to stop talking out of your ass.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:34:16 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #145 on: December 12, 2012, 12:26:38 AM »
We know it's not that cheap, but you're gotta admit a 200-episode lease of any pre-1990 show on the GSN schedule now is pretty dirt cheap because no other networks want them
PonR.  Iirc ESPN classic reruns old shows on occasion.  And unless you have some definitive numbers, which I doubt, you aren't in any position to make a definitive statement.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:46:09 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #146 on: December 12, 2012, 07:16:01 PM »
Better question
Not so much. He's not the one making complete ex-rectum proclamations, whereas we are of the opinion that you are. The burden of proof is on you to dispute that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickS

« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »
Better question: Do you?
Uh, I think control is still on your side since you never answered his - nor mine to pick a lane - for that matter.

So, like Mark is asking, what qualifications do you have to make these claims about what GSN is paying for them?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »
Better question: Do you?
Did you really just cite case law from Rubber v. Glue as your answer? Cuz it doesn't work like that.
Travis L. Eberle

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #149 on: December 13, 2012, 12:23:23 PM »
Did you really just cite case law from Rubber v. Glue as your answer? Cuz it doesn't work like that.

I have not stopped laughing at this one yet.  Serves me right for trying to eat lunch while reading these threads.
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com