Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)  (Read 47251 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 10:50:58 PM »
So you know your behavior is uncalled for, but you behaved anyway. What does that say about you?
Travis L. Eberle

cacLA8383

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:44 PM »
I've been quietly semi-retired from these boards after my behavior last week or so, which, I admit, was immature on my part (as was this. Actually 99% of my behavior here). Lately, I've been leaning to keeping more of a low profile on these boards lately. The only reason I'm still logged in is so that I can access some of the features here that I couldn't if I wasn't.

However, this totally unexpected news made me briefly come back and express my anger, my frustration, and my confusion.

Wake me up when you post something worth a crap. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:46 PM »
Someone with an identity crisis?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:43 PM »
is more baffaling logic than a two-sided Rubik's Cube.

I have one of these. It's surprisingly tricky.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:55:24 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »
However, this totally unexpected news made me briefly come back and express my anger, my frustration, and my confusion.
If this "unexpected news" causes you to get angry, then you have a problem. A serious one.

I get angry or frustrated when someone cuts me off on the Interstate, then slows down to a snail's pace. I get pissed when I have sh(OOPS!)y service at a restaurant. But a third-tier cable channel only leasing a handful of episodes of a show I like? No. The confusion would prolly be my only emotion, and then I'd shrug it off after about 20 seconds.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:01:05 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Tim L

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:14 PM »
We have a Major Contract coming up to vote on Friday at the Grocery store I work at..However the vote goes, it will mean major upheaval at my job (transfer to another store after 21 years, maybe to a new department I've never worked in..Just to keep my wages and hours as they are..) And that's if we vote yes on the contract..As much as I like Game Shows, this GSN/PYL stuff is just a blip on my radar..Though it is fun to read about..

cacLA8383

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »
Anywho, real answer to this as pointed out while recording podcasts tonight who'll see this post. (Hi, Chico), GSN definitely doesn't have the money as they did 10 years ago, so this doesn't surprise me. They can rerun them over and over and I won't get tired of them. I'm with most of you and glad they were even able to get these gems.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 11:35:15 PM »
Someone with an identity crisis?

When you choose to engage in an activity (in this case a discussion), you implicitly agree to conduct yourself with behavior appropriate for that environment. It's simply how social functions work.  When you put yourself into the discussion you open yourself up to whatever scrutiny may follow for your comments or behavior, much as I'm doing now.  If you have pre-existing personal baggage that could compromise your ability to conduct yourself reasonably, you have to weigh whether or not participation is worth the potential criticism that may well follow.

It's not compulsory to have your opinion out there in every discussion, and if you're in a position where voicing your opinion may do more harm than good, that's a choice you have to make.  I've been here since day one, and I have less than 1500 posts. I average something close to one post every three days.  Others have far fewer than that.   There are quite a lot of times that I don't think there's anything beneficial I can contribute to a discussion.  So I don't.  Whether that's due to a lack of information on the subject matter, a lack of desire to talk about that topic, or occasionally just because due to my own real-life issues I don't think I could communicate my point clearly and effectively that day.

I'm only posting now because, for however much my own personal baggage may be weighing on me at the current moment (here's a hint: a lot), I think it's worth my time and energy to tell you the things I'm currently saying.  As harsh as others criticisms may be, they're saying these things because to them it's worth their time to say it, be it to try to inform you or even just for their own personal catharsis.

I've brought this up once before elsewhere, but to close: During a stand-up routine a couple of years ago, Craig Ferguson brought up three questions you should ask yourself before jumping into a discussion. I think they're a very, very good standard with which to weigh the merits of a potential post, so long as you're honest with yourself:

Does this need to be said?
Does this need to be said by me?
Does this need to be said by me, now?

JMFabiano

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 12:04:38 AM »
It is interesting news, though.  We'll just have to see if it is fact or just a mistake/placeholder on the schedule.   If the former, well at least it was fun while it lasted to see some more '83 PYL.  Wonder what will become of the Florida Whammy site's episode guide project, however.  Also interesting since they usually went the full monty with CS leases in the past.  PYL I could understand, but Card Sharks always seemed like one of their sure things.

It is frustrating that it seems like GSN took one step forward then two back (which happens often), and between the possibility of limited "new" PYL episodes (yes, possibility, I still say wait and see) and the doubtful future of The Pyramid, my enthusiasm for the channel is back down.  But yeah, there are worse things in the world to worry about.  Ask some of the people in the NJ/NY area for one!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:06:32 AM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Jay Temple

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 12:49:19 AM »
On the bright side, the same PDF shows Susan Ruttan and Dick Cavett on the $25,000 Pyramid, which suggests that after the current run of Christmas episodes, they'll be airing more new-to-GSN shows!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
I'm a little disappointed that they seemingly only leased 50 episodes, but I'm grateful that they showed the first 50 of the series.  Some of those haven't been seen since the CBS days and it's a nice treat that they got those ones.

I'm sure we'll see more "new to GSN" episodes on the network soon.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

J.R.

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
I'm very upset by this news.

I have to say that The Family Trade amongst other possible reality pick ups may be worse for GSN
Furby-to-Furby interaction.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 05:30:14 PM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »
To be honest, nevermind the arguments...this is my popcorn discussion!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 08:00:05 PM »
I'm very upset by this news.

I have to say that The Family Trade amongst other possible reality pick ups may be worse for GSN
Furby-to-Furby interaction.
I need to steal that.  Would you mind?
This signature is currently under construction.