Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)  (Read 47652 times)

dale_grass

GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »
I couldn't decide with post I should use in response to LGY and GSL87, so here's all three.

Version 1:  I think I heard from Casey that there were tape problems with episodes 51 on up to the episodes in the previous lease.  At least that's what I'm stating as fact.  I think.

Version 2:  GSN signed up for a fifty-episode trial.  At the end of the trial, if they haven't declined a subscription renewal they will be automatically upgraded to a paid membership.  I mean, why else did they have to provide a valid credit card number for a free trial?

Version 3: Cease to exist, both of you.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2012, 08:35:21 PM »
I couldn't decide with post I should use in response to LGY and GSL87, so here's all three.

Version 1:  I think I heard from Casey that there were tape problems with episodes 51 on up to the episodes in the previous lease.  At least that's what I'm stating as fact.  I think.

Version 2:  GSN signed up for a fifty-episode trial.  At the end of the trial, if they haven't declined a subscription renewal they will be automatically upgraded to a paid membership.  I mean, why else did they have to provide a valid credit card number for a free trial?

All three will do just fine. :-)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2012, 05:35:29 AM »
Now, now, Dale.  You don't want him to go on another rant, do you?

/why yes, I do.

Now as for this:
Oh, and Mark Odor. If you are reading this, let it be known that you are nothing but a liar. You had the nerve to lie about me. Claiming that I know nothing about unaired episodes.
Show me a direct link to where I said this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:36:54 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BillCullen1

« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:24 AM »
I can't believe this thread has actually gone on for 19 pages. Holy sheep dip, Batman!

BrandonFG

« Reply #124 on: December 10, 2012, 09:04:39 AM »
Now as for this:
Oh, and Mark Odor. If you are reading this, let it be known that you are nothing but a liar. You had the nerve to lie about me. Claiming that I know nothing about unaired episodes.
Show me a direct link to where I said this.
It's in the same post as where I directly called him Zach Horan. Except it's not on the board...it's all in his mind.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jimlangefan

« Reply #125 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
All kidding aside, this does seem like an odd thing for GSN to do.  To me it doesn't make sense why they would only get 50 episodes.
TV's Big Dealer

Julius

« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »
All kidding aside, this does seem like an odd thing for GSN to do.  To me it doesn't make sense why they would only get 50 episodes.
i agree. GSN errored on this one.
Julius May, Philadelphia PA

Julius

« Reply #127 on: December 10, 2012, 08:14:46 PM »

I'd be shocked if they were tape problems with many episodes
Julius May, Philadelphia PA

aaron sica

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »

All kidding aside, too - I wonder if, more than ever, they are really pushing to the extremely casual viewer - someone that may stop by GSN at that time of the day, watch for a few minutes, and then move on to something else - the chances of seeing a "repeat performance" are nil.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »
The thing that I find most surprising is that they're actually going to run these very early episodes of PYL again -- I was prepared for the first go-round to be my one and only chance to see them. After all, the contestants are quieter, the directing/editing is clunkier, and Peter hasn't settled into a hosting groove yet. It's all understandable growing pains for a technologically-complicated, brand new show, and it's fascinating to watch from a historic standpoint, but it's not the set of episodes I'd choose to air if I was trying to catch the attention of casual viewers.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2012, 01:49:33 AM »
Truthfully, it really doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense to just lease 50 episodes- unless you're playing on your viewers having really short attention spans.

But that said, it's a decision by a television network with a niche audience. The world is not going to end because said niche audience is going to be up in arms over it. Ob-la-di, ob-la-da. There are more important things to be worried about.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

J.R.

« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2012, 02:34:18 AM »
I'd be shocked if they were tape problems with many episodes
[size=8])WHOOSH[/size]
-Joe Raygor

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:34 AM »
I'm going to take the Abell approach here and say that the Card Sharks/Press Your Luck leases costed $7.95 each.

Costed?

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2012, 09:24:24 AM »
I just went through the entire thread, and honestly what kind of omnishambles did I read?

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
A lot of the stuff you just read was stuff that I wrote that I am now officially, deeply sorry for, and humiliated by.