Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Turns 18  (Read 29603 times)

aaron sica

GSN Turns 18
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
this aired in syndication for two months.
I made it through almost three minutes before I determined that that was seven weeks too long.

I didn't even make it through the screenshot on here and Pat Bullard's horrendous hair.

knagl

• Executive Producer
GSN Turns 18
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
From our remarkable friend videoarchives1000.  This appears to be his master tape, not a GSN recording, but I think it's the same episode that aired on the network.  The stars are the same at any rate.  According to the EOTVGS, this aired in syndication for two months.

At 13:40 I'm pretty sure he said that the winning celebrity's charity would be awarded a thousand points.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN Turns 18
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 10:15:59 PM »
Hold Everything
What in the heck is this?

From our remarkable friend videoarchives1000.  This appears to be his master tape, not a GSN recording, but I think it's the same episode that aired on the network.  The stars are the same at any rate.  According to the EOTVGS, this aired in syndication for two months.
While I appreciate the link, Matt, I lasted exactly two minutes before determining this wasn't worth my time.  Looking at the list, I'm assuming this was another show that failed in 1990?

If that's the case, were there any notable shows that didn't sell in 1990?  I'm mildly stunned that these were the best options out there.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

GSN Turns 18
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »
"Gambit" and "Name That Tune", both for Orion IIRC.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

GSN Turns 18
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
Hold Everything
What in the heck is this?

While I appreciate the link, Matt, I lasted exactly two minutes before determining this wasn't worth my time.  Looking at the list, I'm assuming this was another show that failed in 1990?

If that's the case, were there any notable shows that didn't sell in 1990?  I'm mildly stunned that these were the best options out there.

It was a summer test-station consortium type of thing.  Channel 2 in Detroit ran it along with the David Sparks-hosted AATOS.  I think it was the Gillett stations and Chris-Craft that commissioned them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:01:09 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

GSN Turns 18
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 11:27:29 AM »
As far as 1990 shows that didn't sell, I think Monopoly should be included in the list...It made it to air, yes, but not in syndication. I hardly would imagine a summer run on ABC wasn't what they had in mind.

catnap1972

GSN Turns 18
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2012, 03:11:11 PM »
Surprised to see $1.98 Beauty Show on that list... considering it didn't actually show up on the regular schedule until 2001.

Music clearances perhaps?  Got the "naughty naughty...somebody's song is in there but we're not punishing you" warning when I put a few episodes on YT awhile back.