Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Beat the Chefs Back  (Read 5886 times)

LetsGoYankees

Beat the Chefs Back
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:31:49 PM »
This is probably old news to most but a not-much-needed reminder to some:

The already taken out of primetime Beat the Chefs returns tonight at 8pm Eastern. This will replace part of Monday night's Karn/O'Hurley Feud block.

We'll see how this goes, but I don't expect big numbers like what it got when it followed American Bible Challengw. 'Chefs' also goes up against huge network, unscripted primetime shows like Dancing with the Stars and The Voice.

There's not much more GSN could have done though. It wasn't BAD, but it's hard to sell to the American Bible Challenge audience, considering it lost 70% of its audience from 8pm to 9pm.

The remaining four episodes air tonight, and Monday, November 26 at 8pm Eastern
gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com
gameshownetworknews@gmail.com

chad1m

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 10:31:15 PM »
big numbers...considering it lost 70% of its audience from 8pm to 9pm.
Holy contradiction, Batman!

Also, Bible's audience wasn't that hard to convince. When Chefs was replaced with The Pyramid, numbers grew heavily in that timeslot.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:12:14 PM »
big numbers...considering it lost 70% of its audience from 8pm to 9pm.
Holy contradiction, Batman!
I am starting to think this is the quality of analysis we're gonna get from this one every time there is a schedule change.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JMFabiano

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:56:37 PM »
Beat the Chefs = the latest to get a Matt Bloom Push from GSN.  As in, we'll keep pushing this show until someone cares.

/At least they didn't bring it back with a Japanese gimmick.
//Cause a Japanese themed cooking competition would never work ;-) ;-)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

golden-road

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:16:57 AM »
Beat the Chefs = the latest to get a Matt Bloom Push from GSN.  As in, we'll keep pushing this show until someone cares.

/At least they didn't bring it back with a Japanese gimmick.
//Cause a Japanese themed cooking competition would never work ;-) ;-)

Unless there was music from the movie "Backdraft".

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »
I am starting to think this is the quality of analysis we're gonna get from this one every time there is a schedule change.
When in doubt just excise the letters Y-S-I-S, and you'll know from whence he gets his data.
Travis L. Eberle

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
EDIT: Dog Eat Dog ranks as the lowest rated shows on Sunday at 116K. Another issue there for sure
I don't know about you, but on Sunday mornings I'm not at home watching television. I'm usually out earning some extra scratch to support my Faberge egg habit. Golly, that's expensive, but so worth it.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:55:35 PM »
FRI 8PM Improv-a-Ganza: 205,000 viewers
FRI 8:30PM Improv-a-Ganza: 160,000 viewers
FRI 9PM Improv-a-Ganza: 164,000 viewers
FRI 9:30PM Improv-a-Ganza: 143,000 viewers

We know where our schedule problems are now. Just Fridays. Just Improv.
I don't want to sound like some people on this board, but can the "we" crap.  YOU think you know where the schedule problem lies.  And given your track record, you're likely the only person who thinks that way.

Building off of what Travis said, I'm usually not watching cable TV on Fridays.  I might be watching a Blu-Ray or DVD, or actually having some semblance of a social life.  Networks tend to agree.  Name a current big name first-run show which airs a new episode on Friday nights.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »
Depending what you call "big name," I enjoy Shark Tank, which is in its fourth season, and airs 8p on Fridays. I useta grab Mastermind when it was available and would watch when I got home from game night, too.

There's a reason it isn't called the Friday Night Awesome Ratings Slot, though, LGY.
//That reminds me, weren't Greed and X-Files both inhabitants of That at various points?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:16:54 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »
Depending what you call "big name," I enjoy Shark Tank, which is in its fourth season, and airs 8p on Fridays.
Shows which get decent ratings and aren't inexpensive reality shows.  (I love Shark Tank and Kitchen Nightmares as much as the next person.)  More or less, scripted shows which got decent ratings, stuff which hasn't been on Friday nights since the days of 20/20, Dallas, and ABC's TGIF lineup.

J.R.

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:54:54 PM »
LetsGoYankees, I have a great suggestion for you.

There's this great concept called "outside", it's a lot of fun. The air is fresh and there's actually other people in this concept you can interact with.

All you need to do is open the door and you're in. Try it for once.
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
Does "Blue Bloods" still air on Fridays? I know it did pretty well there its first season.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
Does "Blue Bloods" still air on Fridays? I know it did pretty well there its first season.

It does, as does CSI: NY.  (Not sure you'd call that show "successful," but it hasn't been cancelled, and it doesn't have David Caruso on it.)

Matt Ottinger

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »
Am I the only one who sees the title of this thread and imagines a marauding gang of chefs that have to be beaten back?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

Beat the Chefs Back
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »
Am I the only one who sees the title of this thread and imagines a marauding gang of chefs that have to be beaten back?
Well...now that you mention it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFuNB9L42Y
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!