Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Card Sharks  (Read 15570 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Card Sharks
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 08:15:35 PM »
"I think" would've been the choice of words to use. You said "more likely than not" as if it had the greatest chance of being correct. That's just as bad.
If I say that I thought I read something in the Nat'l Enquirer about Martin Van Buren taking cabinet meetings in the nude and he'd smear raspberry preserves on his belly when he got bored, does saying "I think" save me from legal action? No, it wouldn't. The problem isn't whether he says "I think" or not, it's that he's spouting nonsense. Appending boilerplate to nonsense does not make it more sensical.

Deliverer of my closing statements.
I'm just one guy, but I was hoping for the Academic Decathlon proctor at the end of Billy Madison. But again. I'm just one guy.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Card Sharks
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 08:43:06 PM »
Then again, why should I be surprised. These are the same people who celebrate copyright nazis like Edgar Bronfman Jr., ignoring his false copyright claims,

What's this now?

won't let you speak fondly of any Republican candidates running for election or reelection,

I suspect our moderators will look very dimly on this claim.

and I honestly lost count as to how many I've had here so far.

Yeah, so have we.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

Card Sharks
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »
These are the same people who ... uses inane, moronic and less funny memes each time they get used...
Not my fault this popcorn's delicious.

/Needs salt though.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Card Sharks
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
It has come to my realization, that many people here are some of the most hateful and intolerant I have ever dealt with.

Says a guy who supports people who think the sitting President wasn't born in the United States.

What did I do deserve such responses like this? All I did was give my thoughts as to why two episodes of a 30+ year old game show will be skipped over, and immediately, I get called out, and the Zach Horan comparisons start. I never stated it as right or wrong. Never.

To be fair, this probably wasn't the thing to jump on you for. Your overreaction to it, though, made you the A-hole.

Then again, why should I be surprised. These are the same people who celebrate copyright nazis like Edgar Bronfman Jr., ignoring his false copyright claims

Holy Godwin Batman! (...right?)

won't let you speak fondly of any Republican candidates running for election or reelection

Says a guy who claims Breitbart.com is the most unbiased news source on the Internet.

uses inane, moronic and less funny memes each time they get used like cease to exist, proof or not real, etc.

http://intobolivian.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/u-mad-bro.jpg|Here's a meme for ya.

I'm nearly this close to losing all faith I had with this site when I first joined here 5 years ago. Up until a year ago, I never had a meltdown on these forums, and I honestly lost count as to how many I've had here so far.

I really...don't know what to say.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Card Sharks
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 08:58:31 PM »
/Needs salt though.

Uploading now.

And to think there was one scintilla of an intelligent question in there--I'm still a little off somewhere in my CS episode dates for 1979.  But never mind now.  This is more fun.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:00:13 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

J.R.

Card Sharks
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:01 PM »
Says a guy who supports people who think the sitting President wasn't born in the United States.
For the record, I am *not* one of those people. Actually, the whole topic of it sickens me, but that's another thread.
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

Card Sharks
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:24 PM »
For the record, I am *not* one of those people. Actually, the whole topic of it sickens me, but that's another thread.

Another thread, probably on another forum. :)

If I did accidentally offend anyone by making the point I do apologize.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Card Sharks
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 09:25:14 PM »
Says a guy who claims Breitbart.com is the most unbiased news source on the Internet.

In his defense, he admitted the error of his ways there on November 7th, the day after a boatload of other would-be conservatives learned that they were being lied to by a lot of people. Gotta give him props for that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mr. Matté

Card Sharks
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 09:48:48 PM »
uses inane, moronic and less funny memes each time they get used like cease to exist, proof or not real, etc.

http://intobolivian.... a meme for ya.

Ahh, the 404 meme. That would make any poster here storm off for a few hours.

/Over|under set at 2 hours

PYLdude

Card Sharks
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 09:51:44 PM »

http://intobolivian.... a meme for ya.

Ahh, the 404 meme. That would make any poster here storm off for a few hours.

/Over|under set at 2 hours

That wasn't supposed to happen, lol.

PYLdude

Card Sharks
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2012, 12:32:42 AM »

In his defense, he admitted the error of his ways there on November 7th, the day after a boatload of other would-be conservatives learned that they were being lied to by a lot of people. Gotta give him props for that.

Then he followed that up by claiming that President Obama could unilaterally repeal the 22nd Amendment so he could run for a third term. Don't forget that.

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
Card Sharks
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 12:48:08 AM »
Like it makes a difference. All he's going to do is brush everyone off and go right back to his obnoxious, self-righteous behavior.

Obnoxious? YOU TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW, AND YOUR COMPARISON BETWEEN ME AND ZACH HORAN RIGHT NOW! YOU HEAR ME?! RIGHT NOW!
Oh SNAP!
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

aaron sica

Card Sharks
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 03:39:40 AM »
Like it makes a difference. All he's going to do is brush everyone off and go right back to his obnoxious, self-righteous behavior.

Obnoxious? YOU TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT ME RIGHT NOW, AND YOUR COMPARISON BETWEEN ME AND ZACH HORAN RIGHT NOW! YOU HEAR ME?! RIGHT NOW!
Oh SNAP!

Oh no you di'int!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Card Sharks
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 07:12:44 AM »
Hi everyone,

It seems that GSN is skipping episodes 262 and 264 of Card Sharks.  Wednesday's show (last one aired) was 261, Monday's will be 263, and Tuesday's will be 265.

Anyone know why?
Thanks!
Adam

My advice is to contact GSN directly. In all likelihood nobody here (outside of GSN) knows the answer.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:14:37 AM by chris319 »

MikeK

• Martha!
Card Sharks
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
Comparing gameshowlover87 to Zach Horan is an insult to Zach.