Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Cullen's Minstrel Spectacular on Ebay  (Read 1976 times)

Matt Ottinger

Bill Cullen's Minstrel Spectacular on Ebay
« on: November 20, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-CULLEN-SEALED-LP-Minstrel-Spectacular-ORIGINAL-1st-Press-1960-COMEDY-Humor-/370694533076

Couple of things.

One, it would have been neat to have picked this up at the original discount price.  Two, while even I find the picture of Bill in his gleaming white tuxedo a little funny, I'm even more amused that the seller is pushing this as a "comedy humor" album.  It's not.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
I'm even more amused that the seller is pushing this as a "comedy humor" album.  It's not.
Take it from me, you won't be laughing three days after you've listened to the album and "Rufus Rastus Johnson Brown" is still stuck in your head.

mystery7

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »
x2. The cover's really the only thing this album has going for it. I say when it comes to Bill Cullen records, Goose Who's Coming To Dinner is the one to look for.

Jay Temple

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »
I made the cover my avatar at YouTube.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:42 AM »
I will take advantage of Jay's bump of this thread to point out that, strangely, the album is available for download on Amazon (and I assume iTunes) from two different sources at two different price points.  I'm not sure why anybody would expect to have any appreciable sales for a decades-old obscurity like this, much less two different companies.  And how do the rights on something like that work?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »
I think the rights to ABC-Paramount Records now belong to NBC-Universal, or whomever owns MCA Records.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »
I comparison shop the downloadable files on Amazon and iTunes all the time.  Amazon runs sales periodically (example: earlier this week, a few "best of" R&B albums for $2.99).  

And just to make it even more fun I also check eBay for "hard copies" which are sometimes even cheaper than the downloads.
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com