Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Talkabout Question  (Read 1109 times)

gsfan85

Talkabout Question
« on: November 24, 2012, 07:55:19 PM »
Hey everyone,

Was watching some Talkabout on youtube.  When the show premiered in the US in September of 1989, were these new episodes made for both Canada and the US, or were they just reruns of the previous year's Canadian airings?

In other words, did Talkabout actually last for 2 seasons of first run shows, or just 1?

Thanks!
Adam

Bob Zager

Talkabout Question
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
Hey everyone,

Was watching some Talkabout on youtube.  When the show premiered in the US in September of 1989, were these new episodes made for both Canada and the US, or were they just reruns of the previous year's Canadian airings?

In other words, did Talkabout actually last for 2 seasons of first run shows, or just 1?

Thanks!
Adam

AFAIK, it was on for only one season of new episodes produced for both the US and Canada.  I'd watched the first season episodes the on the CBC-TV affiliate station from Windsor, ON in 1988.

narzo

Talkabout Question
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 12:45:38 PM »
The first season that ran in Canada didn't have anything that identified it as Canadian per-se, so I'm certain they were hoping it would get picked up.  Only difference I recall was the "Grand Game" was just that, a one thousand dollar bonus, no prizes.  The game play was the same.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Talkabout Question
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
The first season that ran in Canada didn't have anything that identified it as Canadian per-se

Oh, I beg to differ, sir:

Only difference I recall was the "Grand Game" was just that, a one thousand dollar bonus, no prizes.

:)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:33:42 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

narzo

Talkabout Question
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:58 PM »
when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  touche my good man