Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If Sale of the Century were returning...  (Read 10943 times)

Neumms

If Sale of the Century were returning...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 01:09:38 PM »
[/QUOTE]Now just cook it down into forty-five seconds, and we'll get you booked on Funny Money... :)

Well, you know, I'm honored, but when I saw that the winnings were reduced from gazillions of dollars on the pilot to billions of dollars on the show that aired, I figured it wasn't worth my while.

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2003, 01:19:17 PM »
For those who haven't yet, I strongly recommend...

Game Show Man Wants to Revive Sale of the Century

\"Game Show Man\" Joe Van Ginkel
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2003, 01:23:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Game Show Man\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 10:19 AM\'] Game Show Man Wants to Revive Sale of the Century
 [/quote]
 Bad link, Joe. You in the process of moving page hosts?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2003, 06:27:09 PM »
Thank you, Mr. Lemon, for the support. We need people like you...those with the ambition to mix updated aspects with the traditionalism that made the original shows work. When I get a gig as game show host, you'll be the first I call.

The \"every prize for $50 concept\" is an excellent idea. Let me expand from that by saying that the last Fame Game would have the money cards doubled to $20, $30, and $50 (from $10, $15, and $25 and only if those respective money cards were NOT found in the first two Fame Games). After that, every Speed Round Question would be $10 a pop.

That could also make the Instant Bargains all the more worthwhile.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Casey Buck

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2003, 07:10:47 PM »

HYHYBT

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2003, 03:01:28 PM »
The winner would then have to create a \"Shopping List\" choosing five prizes they want while keeping within their budget. If they keep within budget, they win every prize on stage. If not, they get the five prizes they picked as consolation.

Well, aside from this being too much like a couple of games on \"The Price is Right\", only with made-up prices instead of real ones, if they can keep whatever they picked, why wouldn't everyone pick the car and the cash (if any) regardless of their score? I'll take a nice new car for consolation any day!
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

DrJWJustice

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2003, 03:29:45 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 01:26 AM\'] [quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 10:04 PM\'] How can you deny that a $150 cruise is much more exciting than a $15 cruise? That's a $135 difference! My palms are sweating already!

In my career as grocery store checker, I'm quite accustomed to changing prices, so watch and learn: Instead of giving away a $15 cruise, say, twice a week, they could sell one $150 cruise every five weeks. Either way, this costs $300 every two weeks, EXACTLY the same prize budget!

My proposal, then, is an escalating cruise, that starts at $150 and goes up $75 each day until it's won. I call it "$uper $ale of the Century." Imagine the tension mount as we head into the Fame Game, hoping against hope for the money card that put you over the top for what could be a $525 or $675 cruise. That is what game shows are all about. :) [/quote]
I like you. Damn, this is funny, funny stuff. Comic GOLD, I say. GOLD. Now just cook it down into forty-five seconds, and we'll get you booked on Funny Money... :) [/quote]
 STOP THE PRESSES!  

For once, I completely agree with Chris Lemon.

Here's why.  Take a look at the Australian $otC site.  Notice the game started to flounder when they started tampering with the show.  Notice also that it went on for over 20 years (versus two stints of about 3-4 each in the USofA) before they started tampering with it.

MAYBE increase the question values to reflect inflation, but that's a maybe.  $10 per right answer doesn't sound bad, going to $15 in the speed round.  That's a maybe.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2003, 03:32:49 PM »
HYHYTB, That's a very good point, I might reserve the cash as something extra that would not be won unless the player came in under budget and not have a price tag, per se, but to pick the car is a no-brainer and an appropriate reward for a half hour of answering all those questions if one can only be on for one day.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2003, 03:37:45 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.