Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Remember Jim Morrison?  (Read 4709 times)

MyronMMeyer

Remember Jim Morrison?
« on: June 26, 2003, 01:13:51 PM »
http://www.wftv.com/news/2295450/detail.html

Brief article about The Mole 1 runner up Jim Morrison, and some trouble he's getting up there in New Jersey.  He's running for state Senate, and it seems the NJ Democratic Party has their undies in a bunch that he's damaging their credibility.  Didn't they see the first series of The Mole?  This is a guy you want on your side.

I would move to New Jersey just to vote for him, but then again, I think this country should be turned into a game-show-contestant-ocracy.

-Myron M. Meyer

Matt Ottinger

Remember Jim Morrison?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 03:03:13 PM »
We talked about that story on a morning radio show I'm hosting this week.    Hey, at least the Democratic Party HAS undies to get in a bunch.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Mike Tennant

Remember Jim Morrison?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 04:06:39 PM »
[quote name=\'MyronMMeyer\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 12:13 PM\']He's running for state Senate, and it seems the NJ Democratic Party has their undies in a bunch that he's damaging their credibility.[/quote]
What credibility?  This is the party of Robert \"The Torch\" Torricelli!

I would move to New Jersey just to vote for him, but then again, I think this country should be turned into a game-show-contestant-ocracy.
Frankly, I don't think we could end up with any worse \"leaders\" than we get under the current system.  William F. Buckley, Jr., once commented that he'd rather be governed by the first 535 names in the Boston telephone book than by the U. S. Congress.  Your system could be somewhat of an equivalent, only more entertaining.  (I was going to provide some examples, but I don't want this to turn too political.  We're supposed to be having fun here, after all!)