Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What revival do you think GSN would do well with?  (Read 10454 times)

BrandonFG

What revival do you think GSN would do well with?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
With the all the love Steve's FF has been getting and our neighbors to the north taking a cue, how about Match Game? Not too much of a payout, they can find some decent celebs and bing, bang, boom. I don't think they'd fall into the "obvious over-the-line answer is obvious" category that MG98 did, but I can only hope it wouldn't.
With the show you referenced at the start of your post being so popular right now, I'm willing to bet $20 that they would absolutely go that route. They'd probably pair a new MG with reruns of Harvey's FF and think they're being edgy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Lirodon

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2012, 01:24:30 AM »
Actually, given that right now they're rating higher than The Pyramid, do you think Dog Eat Dog or Minute to Win It could have good revival potential in GSN's realm? Personally, I've always felt that Minute could probably work better as a lower-budget show ($100,000 top prize), since they wouldn't have to try and make everything tense just for the sake of "Top prize is $1,000,000; thus we have to make it feel like Millionaire" logic. It's meant to be a fun show, but NBC only wrecked it by turning it into Deal or No Deal, climate-wise. Plus, if they kept that Super Coin game as the final round, they wouldn't even need to give away the $100,000 at all.
Was this all meant to be funny? Because if it was, mission accomplished.
Indeed.

That show was starting to get dumb very quickly. In fact, it was probably dumb by just the first episodes alone.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »
That show was starting to get dumb very quickly. In fact, it was probably dumb by just the first episodes alone.
I certainly didn't find that to be the case. I don't think that the people at the party that I watched the premiere episode with thought it was stupid. That's certainly your opinion and you're entitled to it, and I'm entitled to say that I'm glad I paid what it is worth.
Travis L. Eberle