Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game '12  (Read 13781 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Match Game '12
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
They have. He says "if you match the most popular answer, you play for $2000".

And they play for lesser amounts for matching the #2 and #3 answers I assume?

Ian Wallis

Match Game '12
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
$2000 for the most popular
$1500 for No. 2
$1000 for No. 3

If no match, they spin the wheel and play head-to-head for $500.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Kniwt

Match Game '12
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
A possibly interesting name appears in the credits:
"Editorial and Production Consultant: Bob Boden"

... one and the same as Game Show Network's original Bob Boden?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Match Game '12
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »
A possibly interesting name appears in the credits:
"Editorial and Production Consultant: Bob Boden"

... one and the same as Game Show Network's original Bob Boden?

There is only ONE Bob Boden.

The way they've written the credit, it looks like they're having him look over the questions.

Similarly, there is only ONE Fred Wostbrock. And don't you forget it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:42:37 PM by chris319 »

Kniwt

Match Game '12
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
Just stopping by to briefly note that the show is growing on me. This YouTube user appears to be posting every episode in its entirety (shhhh):
http://www.youtube.com/user/umokthenok

Sure, the judging is a bit shaky in places, the Star Wheel had at least one case of being majorly borked, and the prize budget is painfully stingy in that cheerful Canadian-cable sort of way. But the panel's chemistry appears to be coming together as the episodes progress, and I remind myself that it took a bit of time for the classic 70s panel -- and the question style -- to evolve. And they appear to be recording generally live-to-tape, leaving in minor flubs and goofs, which helps keep it looking "alive."

The biggest fault I still see is that sometimes the players and celebs try just a little too hard to give the 21st-century equivalent of "boobies" or "wee-wee" as an answer. But this is a comedy channel after all, not the storied halls of CBS.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:49:15 PM by Kniwt »

Flerbert419

Match Game '12
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2012, 12:38:41 AM »
I've seen many of the episodes, and the Star Wheel is completely inconsistent in awarding the bonus for any spin.

The lights go on and off at random times, and it's really impossible to tell if a particular spin will be doubled.

The arrow also will tend to slide around after a spin which further adds to the confusion.

In the majority of the episodes, there is also a hidden gem for game show lovers in the Fast Match round.

Whether it's ______ White (with Betty as a choice) or Family _____ (with Feud as a choice), there is usually something there to be found.

Lirodon

Match Game '12
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2012, 07:20:34 PM »
The biggest fault I still see is that sometimes the players and celebs try just a little too hard to give the 21st-century equivalent of "boobies" or "wee-wee" as an answer. But this is a comedy channel after all, not the storied halls of CBS.

And their regulars mainly come from a show on a sister network where they make fun of music videos. Go figure