Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A silly question about TJW  (Read 4599 times)

whewfan

A silly question about TJW
« on: June 24, 2003, 07:39:12 AM »
First, I want to thank those who have given me great feedback on my Whew! production. I worked hard to put that show together, and it was the most challenging show I've ever done. I hope other game show traders will also get an opportunity to see it.

Now, I have another crazy idea. I always liked The Joker's Wild, but for the life of me, I cannot think of a way to recreate the slot machine without it looking too cheesy. I know someone actually put John Ricci's TJW game on a big screen TV, but I don't have a big screen TV.  

I suppose I COULD have the same person that edited Whew! create some computer effect on the \"wheels\" to make it look like they're spinning, and then more computer graphics for the categories and Jokers, but that might bring back nightmares of TJW 90.

What do you think?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 11:44:28 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 04:39 AM\'] I cannot think of a way to recreate the slot machine without it looking too cheesy. I know someone actually put John Ricci's TJW game on a big screen TV, but I don't have a big screen TV.  
 [/quote]
 I don't have a big-screen either, but I agree that's the best solution. What I DO have that a lot of people might not are a lot of spare computer parts sitting around. What I would probably at least consider would be setting up a temporary box with three video cards in it ('cuz Windows will let you run multiple monitors), and then a custom program to spin each monitor as if it were a seperate wheel.

Another option....what's your budget? I bet if you called around to your local audio-visual rental stores, you'd find out that either a big-screen TV (or better yet and more portable, a projector) wouldn't be all that hideously expensive for a single day.

I'm thinking that a big-screen or a projector would be MUCH easier to shoot without glare than three individual computer monitors.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 01:11:32 PM »
I'd go with a multimedia projector.  Office supply stores like OfficeMax carry them for south of $500.  Try finding a big screen TV for 3 figures. :-)

WhammyPower

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 12:07:46 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 12:11 PM\']I'd go with a multimedia projector.  Office supply stores like OfficeMax carry them for south of $500.  Try finding a big screen TV for 3 figures. :-)[/quote]
The less than $500 price is for a replacement lamp kit.  An OfficeMax search proves it.