Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game SHow clips in Music Videos  (Read 4674 times)

zachhoran

Game SHow clips in Music Videos
« on: June 24, 2003, 06:55:41 PM »
Today on VH1 Classic, a video for MIdnight Oil's \"Power and the Passion\"(I think released in 1985) was played. The Aussie rockers infused a clip from the Aussie $otC.

Any other game show clips(particularly real ones) seen in a music video?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 07:01:16 PM »
Of course, there's \"I Lost on Jeopardy!\" by Weird Al with Art Fleming and a pretty good replica of the set.  Not a game show set, but Wink was in a video. Wink: No rock and roll....no rock and roll....no rock and roll.....
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

AndyG

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »
There's probably a ton more, but this one sticks in my head. It wasn't real, but Metallica's video for \"Hero Of The Day\" in 1996, had a guy watching a game show called, you guessed it, \"Hero Of The Day\".

DrBear

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 01:55:03 AM »
And - yeah, I know, \"American Idol/Fear Factor/The Bachelor\" aren't game shows, and country music isn't music - but Brad Paisley's new video, \"Celebrity,\" is full of references to those shows - Brad as an American Idol (with William Shatner as the evil judge), Brad eating worms, Brad tossed over for Little Jimmy Dickens by the Bachelorette (\"chicks dig rhinestones,\") and so on...
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 02:35:45 AM »
(goes to Google so he doesn't make yet another \"I think, I recall, wasn't it so?\" post)

The Strokes' video for \"Someday\" features them playing Family Feud (Karn version) against Guided By Voices.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Hiroland

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2003, 02:12:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 01:35 AM\'] (goes to Google so he doesn't make yet another "I think, I recall, wasn't it so?" post)

The Strokes' video for "Someday" features them playing Family Feud (Karn version) against Guided By Voices. [/quote]
 And the Weird Thing is that they used Louie's Set...