Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funny Money on Entertainment Tonight  (Read 13608 times)

Timsterino

Funny Money on Entertainment Tonight
« on: June 24, 2003, 02:25:42 AM »
For those who care (I do not), I saw a promo for Entertainment Tonight's episode on Tuesday 6/24. It will go behind the scenes at a Celebrity \"National Lampoon's Funny Money\" at Universal Studios City Walk with Darva Conger vs Joe Millionaire (Evan Marriott).

I am refraining from making any sarcastic comments regarding the above mentioned \"celebrities\". Those who like the show, may want to check out Entertainment Tonight on Tuesday.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 02:27:30 AM by Timsterino »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 12:01:18 PM »
This would be Darva \"I wish people would just leave me alone and let me go back to my life before all this happened\" Conger, in my opinion the biggest -- and earliest -- fraud in an entire genre of duplicious, fraudulent, manipulative and insincere people.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 12:29:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 11:01 AM\'] This would be Darva "I wish people would just leave me alone and let me go back to my life before all this happened" Conger, in my opinion the biggest -- and earliest -- fraud in an entire genre of duplicious, fraudulent, manipulative and insincere people. [/quote]
 Agreed. Also, thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Tim :-)

Hiroland

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 12:45:38 PM »
THE BIGGEST CELEBRITIES ARE ON FUNNY MONEY!!!!!!

KATHY GRIFFIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DARVA CONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND JOE MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!!!

My god what a dumb show this is!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 12:46:10 PM by Hiroland »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 01:03:52 PM »
See, I don't think the show is dumb at all.  It just needs time to hit its stride.  What *is* dumb is resorting to these ridiculous \"celebrity\" games which completely throw off any rhythm they might be starting to achieve.  Celebrities as contestants -- in a game where they've already marginalized the contestants -- just doesn't make any sense as a concept.  There's a reason you don't see celebrities as contestants on Match Game or Hollywood Squares.

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 05:57:26 PM »
See, I don't think the show is dumb at all.  It just needs time to hit its stride.  What *is* dumb is resorting to these ridiculous \"celebrity\" games which completely throw off any rhythm they might be starting to achieve.  Celebrities as contestants -- in a game where they've already marginalized the contestants -- just doesn't make any sense as a concept.  There's a reason you don't see celebrities as contestants on Match Game or Hollywood Squares.

GSN's the one to blame here.  They wanted special eps for the Sunday Night Buzz block.  What's the easiest kind of \"special ep\" to do?  Celeb eps.  They only have to book one or two per show and every booker knows who'll do *anything*--and I do mean anything.  If you thought at least they would try to go for bigger names, I have two words for you--cable show.  Actually, that should be four words--cable show, not HBO.

tommycharles

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2003, 04:16:44 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 04:57 PM\'] GSN's the one to blame here.  They wanted special eps for the Sunday Night Buzz block.  What's the easiest kind of "special ep" to do?  Celeb eps. [/quote]
 Why not just go for bigger name comedians for the Sunday Night Buzz shows? What would be wrong with, say, Tom Papa or Jay Mohr showing up? I bet if they really tried, they could get Leno to participate.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2003, 12:59:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 01:16 AM\'] Why not just go for bigger name comedians for the Sunday Night Buzz shows? What would be wrong with, say, Tom Papa or Jay Mohr showing up? I bet if they really tried, they could get Leno to participate. [/quote]
 Jay Mohr or Tom Papa is a possible (although Mohr is busy with Last Comic Standing right now, but I did see him on Tough Crowd the other night, so), but I assure you no way no how can they afford Jay Leno.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

inturnaround

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2003, 04:26:55 PM »
I dunno. Leno is known to love to hone his comedy act. He does stand-up every weekend I understand just to keep it going. So, I wouldn't be so quick to say he'd never do it. (But I would also not be so hasty as to say he would surely do it)
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2003, 05:38:27 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 01:26 PM\'] I dunno. Leno is known to love to hone his comedy act. He does stand-up every weekend I understand just to keep it going. So, I wouldn't be so quick to say he'd never do it. (But I would also not be so hasty as to say he would surely do it) [/quote]
 Honing the act is one thing, making a TV appearance on a niche cable network is quite another.

(Of course, this IS the man who at one time had a working relationship with WCW, so I may eat those words...)

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2003, 06:10:47 PM »
And a fact from H2.

Leno doesn't even touch his Tonight show money.

He spends his standup money.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2003, 09:20:51 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 25 2003, 03:10 PM\'] And a fact from H2.
Leno doesn't even touch his Tonight show money.
He spends his standup money. [/quote]
 Is that so? Fascinating. That poor money must be SOOOOO lonely. Someone needs to touch it. I'd be happy to offer my services. :)

kelvint

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2003, 11:04:00 PM »
Getting back on the topic of celebrity \"Funny Money\", one item of some interest in a related ET article is that Evan will be playing for the Dennis James United Cerebral Palsy Center.  I don't know if it was already mentioned in the report since I didn't watch yesterday's show.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2003, 11:52:59 AM »
I would be happy to bet whatever matching amount Evan won for his charity that he has no clue who Dennis James even was.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2003, 12:25:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jun 26 2003, 10:52 AM\'] I would be happy to bet whatever matching amount Evan won for his charity that he has no clue who Dennis James even was. [/quote]
 I smell a potential Street Smarts question for next season.