Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv Griffin's Crosswords  (Read 1985 times)

14gameshows

Merv Griffin's Crosswords
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:25:38 PM »
I was looking on tvguide.com and noticed that in the Roanoke-Lynchburg Market that their ABC affiliate WSET still airs Merv Griffin's Crosswords on their 13.2 channel.  Does MG Crosswords still air in other parts of the country?

I thought this show was cancelled along time ago.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
Reruns on RTN. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and wondered the same thing.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
Yeah, Retro (RTV) and My Family TV (both Luken nets) carry it. They had carried some other Program Partners material and I wouldn't be surprised if they got Crosswords for a song. Or even a few notes. A guest resident in our home loves it, so I'm back to catching it on occasion - in fact, between the two nets, which we get over the air, I think it's on three times a day....yes, noon and 6 pm on MyFam, 9-10 am on RTV. I've mellowed a bit over Ty's hosting, as he actually winds up doing an adequate job for what he's given, as far as a game goes. It's better that he doesn't have extra time to get more in-depth with contestants.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:57:29 PM by The Ol' Guy »

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:25:17 AM »
Reruns on RTN. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and wondered the same thing.

Yep. WHTM-DT2 (subchannel of ABC27), our local RTN affiliate, carries them at 9am and 9:30 weekdays. As do most of the RTN stations, AFAIK.

ObRTN: Watched an episode of "The Bill Cosby Show" on RTN the other night. Not bad.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:25:28 AM by aaron sica »