Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best laughers  (Read 2185 times)

pyrfan

Best laughers
« on: September 03, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »
What celebs or hosts in the game-show world do you think had the best laughs? I have a few answers, but I want to see what you say first.

Brendan

WhirlieBird74

Best laughers
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
What celebs or hosts in the game-show world do you think had the best laughs? I have a few answers, but I want to see what you say first.

Brendan
I would say Richard Dawson, from that 1985 Family Feud clip (posted by 'WREYtube') on YouTube, where he's ROFLHAO, thinking of that bad 'mutual friends' answer from:  'Name something you make conversation about when you meet a stranger'.  I'll never forget that goofy, sinister laugh.  It got me laughing, and still tickles my funny bone.

Mr. Matté

Best laughers
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »
Brett.

Most consistent laugh goes to the guy who's in the audience of every L.A. NBC game show from 1973 to 1990. He laughs at every dumb joke but when it comes to announcing a big money amount, sometimes he's quiet, but other times you can clearly hear him go "Yeah yeah, OW!"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Best laughers
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »
Most consistent laugh goes to the guy who's in the audience of every L.A. NBC game show from 1973 to 1990. He laughs at every dumb joke but when it comes to announcing a big money amount, sometimes he's quiet, but other times you can clearly hear him go "Yeah yeah, OW!"
Nah, he didn't start doing that until 1984.  He was waiting for the right moment to crawl out from under his shell.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Don Howard

Best laughers
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »
What celebs or hosts in the game-show world do you think had the best laughs?
I don't know about that, but I thought Peter Tomarken's were the worst.

you can clearly hear him go "Yeah yeah, OW!"
He was great on Scrabble. Yeah, right there when Jay or Charlie were giving their opening remarks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 10:07:39 PM by Don Howard »

14gameshows

Best laughers
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 10:12:57 PM »
"what about that lady that laughed at everything back in 70s?"

When did NBC stop using that laugh track? I noticed that NBC used SFX A LOT on Card Sharks.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Best laughers
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »
When did NBC stop using that laugh track? I noticed that NBC used SFX A LOT on Card Sharks.
NBC mixed and matched applause and laugh tracks throughout their various shows (for at least anything taped in Burbank--anything taped in NY I believe the audience reax were genuine).  To go into detail would border on Horanism.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

jw2001

Best laughers
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »
Brett.

Agreed! This additional clip is why I think she had the best laugh of any game show panelist.

BrandonFG

Best laughers
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 10:52:08 PM »
Second (or third) on Brett.

Chuck Woolery had some pretty hearty laughs on Scrabble, usually after he read the clue. You could tell the answer cracked him up after he put 2 and 2 (canned NBC laughter) together.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!