Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid "sneak peek" on GSN  (Read 36297 times)

BillCullen1

Pyramid "sneak peek" on GSN
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
A last minute surprise as GSN puts on a preview of their Pyramid series. Tonight (Aug. 30) at 10 pm EST. So set your Tivos or do what you have to do. This is mentioned in the Pyramid thread but I figured a special thread for this announcement was warranted.

Jay Temple

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »
The old thread was about the Pyramid pilot. If the mods agree, we could use this as a new thread on the show now that it's actually airing.

Since they had 40+ shows to choose from, I expect to see good game play, with one or more of the following:
  • the new tie-breaker
  • a win in the Winner's Circle
  • a $20,000 or $25,000 attempt in the Winner's Circle
  • a main-game win with only a second or two on the clock when the winning point scores
If there's only one $25,000 win or only one show with two wins of any size, I hope that they're not showing it right away. (Recall that a $100,000 win on Lingo aired very early in the run.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
Bev and I are looking forward to tonight's ten o'clock hour and look forward to sharing our impressions of the broadcast with you and reading yours!
I'd like to think that in the great beyond, Dick Clark, Bill Cullen and Bob Stewart will be watching and approving of the treatment.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:51:31 AM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
Bev and I are looking forward to tonight's ten o'clock hour and look forward to sharing our impressions of the broadcast with you and reading yours!
I'd like to think that in the great beyond, Dick Clark, Bill Cullen and Bob Stewart will be watching and approving of the treatment.
Are you gonna be watching Mitt Romney or Pyramid?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

The Pyramids

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 05:50:55 PM »
Looks like I will toggle with the remote between both.

Jay Temple

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »
It's much less likely that The Pyramid will make me want to throw up.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:24 PM »
Just saw the show. Won't give anything away except to say that GSN GOT THIS RIGHT!! The show is awesome and better than breakfast at IHOP - and it takes a lot to make me say that.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
I'm quite okay with what I just saw. I found it interesting that Mike stood behind a different podium than I have been seeing in other clips and production photos. Was this one of the pilots, maybe?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

catnap1972

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:06 PM »
Just saw the show. Won't give anything away except to say that GSN GOT THIS RIGHT!! The show is awesome and better than breakfast at IHOP - and it takes a lot to make me say that.

There's a couple of nit-picks for the purists but overall positive.

daveromanjr

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
Very well done! I am extremely impressed!  From the set to the camera angles and judging it was old school Pyramid but they've done enough to make it their own.  I liked Mike, especially his offering of the perfect clue for things that are wide. I'm genuinely impressed.

I really like the theme but I had a hard time hearing it, it seemed awfully soft.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:39:09 PM by daveromanjr »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 10:40:06 PM »
The show is awesome and better than breakfast at IHOP
Low bar. IHOP way undercooks their eggs. Blech.

There's a couple of nit-picks for the purists but overall positive.
Oh good lord.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

40onTheBlue

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 10:44:35 PM »
Just finished watching it and I was thoroughly entertained. If they can just polish up the camera work a bit (I found it to be noticeably unsteady at times and there were way too many quick zoom-ins) and make the edits a little less obvious, they'll have a perfect "7 out of 7." Other than that, they've done a most excellent job of bringing this show back to life. Kudos.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:45:43 PM by 40onTheBlue »
Greetings from Canada.

snowpeck

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:13 PM »
I came into the show a little uncertain, but it definitely grew on me as the half hour went on.  On the nitpicky side-- the theme is a little artificial sounding (though it was a little buried in the mix, so I couldn't fairly judge), the camera zooms seemed to be a little overdone, and I'm not sure about changing the rule on passing in the front game, but the presentation seemed pretty rock solid.  Richards seems to really get the spirit of the game also... he knew when to be serious and when it was okay to joke around.  Nothing will ever top 70s/80s Pyramid, but I think GSN really did a good job in trying to recapture that feeling.  Well done.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:50:42 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Clay Zambo

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Just finished watching it and I was thoroughly entertained. If they can just polish up the camera work a bit (I found it to be noticeably unsteady at times and there were way too many quick zoom-ins) and make the edits a little less obvious, they'll have a perfect "7 out of 7." Other than that, they've done a most excellent job of bringing this show back to life. Kudos.

I was just about to write about those zooms, myself--but aside from that, the camera work did the requisite job of making the big Pyramid look big.  The remixed theme seems nice, but was too low in the mix.

Nice work, GSN.
czambo@mac.com

Unrealtor

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »
If this is an indicator of everything from here on out, I'd say that GSN just eclipsed Donnymid.

My biggest complaint: If that video of the WC board changing wasn't filmed after the round was over and inserted in post, contestants are losing some serious time waiting for the board to change after the bell goes.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."