Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What is your favorite GSN Promo/vignette  (Read 9426 times)

Speedy G

What is your favorite GSN Promo/vignette
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2003, 07:21:24 PM »
My favorite has to be the one for the fake Bob Barker Hole in One golf tips video.  Don't remember it all, but a bit of the spiel:
Comes with tips from the legend himself:
"Just shake it into the hole!"
Call now and you get this putter warmer used by the pros!
...it'll take your game to a "hole" new level!  (accompanied by shot of ball veering into hole)
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

cmjb13

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2003, 07:41:51 PM »
How did the "Please, Mr. Hostman" promo go?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2003, 09:00:32 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 03:41 PM\']

ObGameShws: There has never been a racing-themed game show, although individual episodes (WOF NASCAR week) have focused on the sport. They probably had NASCAR questions, too. [/quote]
"Maximum Drive" and "Fun House" had some elements of racing.  Horse racing has been the motif of "Let's Go to the Races" and "Trivia Track," but that's probably not what you mean when you say racing.  Remember the episode of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" in which Ted Baxter almost got a job hosting "The $50,000 Steeplechase."?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 09:05:40 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2003, 09:14:39 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 09:00 PM\'] Horse racing has been the motif of "Let's Go to the Races" and "Trivia Track," [/quote]
 How quickly we forget Celebrity Sweepstakes, which had a bit of a horse race theme. The WInk High Rollers mini-game Dice Derby had such a theme as well.

JMFabiano

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2003, 07:27:19 PM »
Why Hug That Host of course!  

Kidding...but it did lead to the very funny Punch That Host parody that someone posted on ATGS.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2003, 07:35:34 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Dec 25 2003, 08:27 PM\'] Why Hug That Host of course!  

Kidding...but it did lead to the very funny Punch That Host parody that someone posted on ATGS. [/quote]
 <Googles "punch that host">

Well, I'll be darned. It is pretty funny, :-)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&...ryant.webtv.net

Starkman

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2003, 04:54:36 PM »
Host gone wild was funny

Also the bob barker golf one is a classic.

And i know im gonna get hung for this but i LIKED the Icey phone sex parody for Cram.

As for the funny money save the children parody, i just find it a gas that CCF is one of their more proment advertisers LOL right on making fun of those dumb preachy ads.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2003, 06:51:48 PM »
I liked the Greed promos where, Chuck is constantly asking Barney if he's gotten the $2 million counted yet. But 2 of them are my favorites, and they're Pretty Funny, I should tell you:

1. Chuck comes in and notices Barney is almost done, when Barney says "Can I borrow a dollar?" Then after the preview trailer is done, Barney's busy using pennies to see if he can get to a dollar, saying "36, 37, 38," when Chuck says, "Hold it, hold it, hold it! Found a nickel." Barney then says, "Wow! AWESOME! You da man." (And it WON'T take long to even get to a dollar using coins, I tell you!)

2. Chuck notices Barney using a calculator to see if he can get to $2 million. Chuck notices the plugs, and says "Woah! You got a fire hazard, baby!" Barney, constantly shouting for Chuck to stop, is horrified to see his "Boss" (If I can call him that) pull the plug on his calculator, and he sees it doesn't work. After the preview trailer is done, Chuck comes in with an abacus and says "Hey, Barney, here's a little something you DON'T have to plug in." He puts the abacus on Barney's desk with a BANG. Barney's then using the abacus to count up the money. "1...2..., Oh, this is awesome. 3..." (Fade out)

cmjb13

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2003, 07:15:02 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 07:41 PM\'] How did the "Please, Mr. Hostman" promo go? [/quote]
 Anyone know?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

HSquares2003

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2003, 08:20:47 PM »
The Millionaire ones for the weekend edition are different every time the edition changes. The one with that one celeb(forgot his name) being told by Regis that he is a "very attractive man" is OFF THE HOOK!!!!!!!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2003, 09:47:52 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 08:15 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 07:41 PM\'] How did the "Please, Mr. Hostman" promo go? [/quote]
Anyone know? [/quote]
 This archived post seems to be pretty accurate (and I'm sure you'll hear about errors):

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hostman+...winc.com&rnum=2
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

whampyl03

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2003, 11:58:22 PM »
For me, it's "A winner every 30 minutes... Guaranteed."

JTFriends1

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2003, 03:45:24 AM »
I always loved the promo for 100K Pyramid with the clock ticking, and words on the screen being read: "Have you ever seen the look on a person's face, who's just won $100,000?"  followed by clips of 100K winners and the words "You want drama?  The $100,000 Pyramid, weekdays at 6pm on Game Show Network" (or something to that effect."

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2003, 08:08:23 PM »
[quote name=\'JTFriends1\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 02:45 AM\'] I always loved the promo for 100K Pyramid with the clock ticking, and words on the screen being read: "Have you ever seen the look on a person's face, who's just won $100,000?"  followed by clips of 100K winners and the words "You want drama?  The $100,000 Pyramid, weekdays at 6pm on Game Show Network" (or something to that effect." [/quote]
 In addition, that clock, which also was heard on the Password Plus/Super Password hour promo, is the Millionaire Phone-A-Friend clock, just slightly faster, though.

I liked that promo. One of the players in that promo actually gave the WC clues to her partner, Nathan Cook. When she knew she'd won the 100 large, she FELL OUT OF HER SEAT! WOW!

TimK2003

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2004, 02:54:47 PM »
Don't know why I liked this one, but it did sound a little like the "I Dream of Jeannie" theme...

"Match Game"'s Charles Nelson Riley promo:  Each time the singers would sing Chuck's name, they'd show one of his intros from the spinning square'

Crazy...Charles Nelson Reilly
Witty...Charles Nelson Reilly