Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WOF Bonus Round & Final Jeopardy!  (Read 2947 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
WOF Bonus Round & Final Jeopardy!
« on: August 13, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »
Years and years ago, GSN would run these five-minute wrap-around segments where three people were called by the on-air host and asked to solve a bonus round puzzle or Final Jeopardy! clue from the previous week of shows. A correct answer would win a nominal prize, a wrong answer would win an even more nominal prize. Does anyone recall whenabouts this element aired, and for how long? It was there when our family got the channel but seemed to be gone with the next schedule shuffle.
Travis L. Eberle

DoItRockapella

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:28:52 PM »
I definitely remember watching this once or twice...I got GSN around late 1999, and they were still doing it at that point, but must have dropped it a few months later. I seem to recall from looking at (what must have been one of the earliest versions of) GSN's website that this was on the schedule for a year or two.

The host, if you're curious, was Steve Saunders, who did Secrets Of The Cryptkeeper's Haunted House for CBS a few years earlier.

TimK2003

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:02 PM »
I definitely remember watching this once or twice...I got GSN around late 1999, and they were still doing it at that point, but must have dropped it a few months later. I seem to recall from looking at (what must have been one of the earliest versions of) GSN's website that this was on the schedule for a year or two.

The host, if you're curious, was Steve Saunders, who did Secrets Of The Cryptkeeper's Haunted House for CBS a few years earlier.

I don't recall the exact year, but 1999 sounds about right.  I know they did a Final J! home viewer segment right before MG7x at 6:30 ET.  And IIRC, Steve Saunders alternated with Lisa Sundstedt, at least in the FJ segments.

catnap1972

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »

I don't recall the exact year, but 1999 sounds about right.  I know they did a Final J! home viewer segment right before MG7x at 6:30 ET.  And IIRC, Steve Saunders alternated with Lisa Sundstedt, at least in the FJ segments.

Marianne Curan also did those FJ segments while she was still at the network.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:45 PM »

Marianne Curan also did those FJ segments while she was still at the network.

The 6:30 time slot sounds right to me too. Now that you mention it, I seem to remember Marianne Curan hosting this, though I've never heard of Lisa Sundstedt.

gsfan85

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 08:13:43 PM »
Final Jeopardy! came a bit before Wheel of Fortune Bonus Game if I remember correctly.  There was also Silver Screen Flashback around that same time, also hosted by Steve Saunders.  I believe that aired before The Newlywed Game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:15:06 PM by gsfan85 »