Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2012-13 syndication  (Read 13522 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
2012-13 syndication
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »

From what I understand, the Couric show will be live, so if it were placed in the morning it would be a recording from the previous day.  ABC wouldn't let WLS do that.  The old Oprah morning slot on WLS is occupied by a local talk/service show.

I don't know where you got that from- "Katie" is going to be syndicated and air in various timeslots around the country, so how is it going to be live? WLS could basically do whatever they want with the show if they wanted to because it's not an ABC network program.
"Live with Kelly" is live and is not aired live where I live and I thought "Live" was syndicated. I don't know anything about "Katie" being live, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility, I suppose.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
2012-13 syndication
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:48 PM »

From what I understand, the Couric show will be live, so if it were placed in the morning it would be a recording from the previous day.  ABC wouldn't let WLS do that.  The old Oprah morning slot on WLS is occupied by a local talk/service show.

I don't know where you got that from- "Katie" is going to be syndicated and air in various timeslots around the country, so how is it going to be live? WLS could basically do whatever they want with the show if they wanted to because it's not an ABC network program.
"Live with Kelly" is live and is not aired live where I live and I thought "Live" was syndicated. I don't know anything about "Katie" being live, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility, I suppose.

Variety shows can really pull that off better, though- Rosie O'Donnell and Tony Danza are two examples that you can add, with Rosie emanating live on the east coast from 30 Rock and Tony from ABC central on Columbus Avenue. Topical shows, like "Katie" is going to be, I don't know so much. There's too much that could go wrong (hence why "Maury", "Springer", and shows of that ilk aren't live)- moreso than variety shows.

Speaking of Rosie O'Donnell's show- when Caroline Rhea took it over for her only season, did that air live in certain markets? I know it didn't here because she didn't inherit either of Rosie's timeslots she had- Wayne Brady got the morning and I wanna say Dr. Phil got the evening.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »
Caroline's show taped at 11am, didn't it? If so, I really wanna say yes, that Norfolk aired it at that time.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »
Caroline's show taped at 11am, didn't it? If so, I really wanna say yes, that Norfolk aired it at that time.

10, I would believe, because that's when Rosie started her show.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Matt Ottinger

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 11:11:26 AM »
Variety shows can really pull that off better, though- Rosie O'Donnell and Tony Danza are two examples that you can add, with Rosie emanating live on the east coast from 30 Rock and Tony from ABC central on Columbus Avenue. Topical shows, like "Katie" is going to be, I don't know so much. There's too much that could go wrong (hence why "Maury", "Springer", and shows of that ilk aren't live)- moreso than variety shows.
You're losing me on many levels.  A variety show, which will have a...well, "variety" of elements, is easier to pull off live than two people in chairs?  Because a show is topical, it's not as good for it to be done live?  For examples of topical talk shows, you use Maury and Springer?

Meanwhile, though I couldn't find an official report, the first sentence of this story seems to suggest you're wrong anyway.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 11:11:53 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

DoItRockapella

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »
I feel silly bumping, but this seems like the best place to ask this: after a little Googling around, I *think* I have found the Fall 2012 season start dates for syndicated shows. Does anybody know for sure? Could you confirm or deny?

Here's the list I have:

September 10 - WWTBAM, Family Feud

September 17 - Wheel Of Fortune, Jeopardy, Baggage, Let's Ask America (if it's on in your area - and it's not on in mine)

September 24 - TPIR, Let's Make A Deal

Sound right?

Ian Wallis

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »
September 17 - Wheel Of Fortune, Jeopardy,

If those are the correct dates, I'm surprised.  For years those shows started on Labor Day, and I know recently it's been a week after Labor Day.  It's probably right, but those dates are late for those shows based on past history.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

PYLdude

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 09:11:42 PM »
September 17 - Wheel Of Fortune, Jeopardy,

If those are the correct dates, I'm surprised.  For years those shows started on Labor Day, and I know recently it's been a week after Labor Day.  It's probably right, but those dates are late for those shows based on past history.

Last year Jeopardy! started late too, IIRC. They were still in reruns around Labor Day (I think they were rerunning the Teachers' Tournament to start the month, broke away from that for a rerun of the Watson episodes, then finished with the two day final that week and the following Monday the new season started).

Looking at it, last year was the latest start date for any season to date and this is gonna be the first time the season finishes in August.

chad1m

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 09:22:29 PM »
Millionaire is September 3rd, according to press releases announcing some auditions.

DoItRockapella

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »
Well, the September 17 date for Jeopardy comes from the official site. I came up with the same date for Wheel Of Fortune based on this page ending the Friday before, in addition to the assumption that Wheel and Jeopardy will always start on the same day.

The September 24 date for TPIR is based on this page ending the Friday before. Again, I applied the same date to LMAD based mostly on the assumption that they'll always start on the same day.

Anybody know?

toddyo

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »
9/17 is the date WOF and J! shift in Cincinnati to Raycom from Scripps Howard.

petek66

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 10:48:38 AM »
I hope the 2:30 start for Jeopardy in Chicago means they'll finally stop crunching the credits
to run 4:00 news promos.

DoItRockapella

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »
BuzzerBlog just confirmed that Family Feud will begin its new season on September 10. With that in mind, here's what I have at the moment:

September 3 - WWTBAM

September 10 - Family Feud

September 17 - Wheel Of Fortune, Jeopardy, Baggage, Let's Ask America

Correct? Incorrect? Anybody know for sure?

Jeremy Nelson

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »
BuzzerBlog just confirmed that Family Feud will begin its new season on September 10. With that in mind, here's what I have at the moment:

September 3 - WWTBAM

September 10 - Family Feud

September 17 - Wheel Of Fortune, Jeopardy, Baggage, Let's Ask America

Correct? Incorrect? Anybody know for sure?

Considering trends in recent years, that looks about right.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.