Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What happened to the Whammy ToC?  (Read 11800 times)

ChuckNet

What happened to the Whammy ToC?
« on: June 24, 2003, 12:28:36 AM »
The press releases said this season would include a 4-day tourney w/a car as the grand prize...did they scrap that idea, or are they just holding those eps back for later airing? Paging Mandel...

Chuck Donegan (The Puzzled \"Chuckie Baby\")

mandelweb

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 04:09:19 AM »
The press releases said this season would include a 4-day tourney w/a car as the grand prize...did they scrap that idea, or are they just holding those eps back for later airing? Paging Mandel...

* raises hand *

PRESENT!

We did tape a week's worth of tournament episodes at the end of the season.  I haven't received word as to when they're going to air though.  There were five \"tournament\" episodes taped.  The first was a \"Losers\" episode with our favorite losers and the other four were the \"Tournament of Champs\" episodes with the car going to the winner of the Friday finals.   There were some REALLY REALLY good games played during this week's worth of shows. :-)

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 09:52:05 AM »
There was a one-second snippet from one of the TofC episodes seen during a promo during last Wednesday's PYL-a-thon.

Timsterino

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 11:39:00 AM »
Mandel.

I saw you at the Game Show Network \"Get Schooled\" event at Hollywood & Highland. Although if I knew who you were I would have come over and said \"Hello\". I remember Todd kept referencing \"Mandelweb.com\".

Tim :-)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 01:04:48 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jun 23 2003, 11:28 PM\'] did they scrap that idea, or are they just holding those eps back for later airing? [/quote]
 In cable and syndication, July is a sweeps month, so I think GSN is holding those last 13 eps (5 regular, 2 four-day tourneys) for next month.  Of course, when next month?  It would just like them to keep us guessing.

kidsplash

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 06:48:23 PM »
I saw a \"Whammy\" promo that showed a clip of a Tournament of Champions episode with Sandy in the middle (I'm assuming the one with THE VOICE) winning over $23,000.

Sean \"Kidsplash\" Davidson