Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pyramid  (Read 68209 times)

Matt Ottinger

The Pyramid
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Last month, I was playing Pyramid with some friends.  Three of the people in the room were professionals who had actually been Pyramid judges for various incarnations of the show.
Matt Ottinger is ... the most interesting man in the world!
Honestly, I was just about the least interesting man in the room.  Still pretty damned cool, let me tell you.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Marc412

The Pyramid
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Oh, I don't know, Matt.  You host, produce and write for a local game show that's been on the air for about a quarter-century.  You've been on two of my favorite game shows.  In my book, you're quite interesting, and that's a fact.

Jay Temple

The Pyramid
« Reply #272 on: September 06, 2012, 03:09:25 PM »
If you'll forgive the name-drop, I told Teresa Ganzel something not long ago that she really liked: "Your career is so interesting that Carol Burnett is only the fifth-funniest person you've worked with." Anyone who has played Pyramid with three judges from the show is pretty damned interesting!

\In case you're wondering, the four that I ranked ahead of Carol were, in chronological order, Jackie Gleason and Richard Pryor (The Toy), Johnny Carson (Tea Time Movie) and Jim Carrey (The Duck Factory, which is how she ended up on Pyramid).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:09:45 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Pyramid
« Reply #273 on: September 06, 2012, 04:16:10 PM »
Last month, I was playing Pyramid with some friends.  Three of the people in the room were professionals who had actually been Pyramid judges for various incarnations of the show.  Even they didn't agree on everything.  
It is generally not in my nature to make demands of people, so I will very gently prod and say that it would be really awesome of you if you'd share some of the fascinating details about that day.
Travis L. Eberle

Jay Temple

The Pyramid
« Reply #274 on: September 06, 2012, 08:15:32 PM »
ditto to what Travis said, even if it's only how it came to pass
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:15:52 PM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Robert Hutchinson

The Pyramid
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2012, 08:17:27 PM »
I apologize for my role in picking the Pyramid judging rules to death. In my defense, I forgot that some people don't get as much enjoyment out of picking rules to death as I do.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin