Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: B&W Overnight Changes?  (Read 6465 times)

Matt Ottinger

B&W Overnight Changes?
« on: December 12, 2003, 05:14:12 PM »
This message was posted on another discussion board.  I'm not sure of the guy's source, but I know him not to be reckless with information:
B&W Overnite is still slated to continue for the time being. Another
change will hit on 1/9/04 when the archive runs out of b&w "To Tell
the Truth" programs. Here's the deal: "Make the Connection" replaces
"To Tell the Truth" for 3 days starting 1/9/04. Starting 1/12/04,
"Password" will air at 1am PT weekdays, "Beat the Clock" on weekends.
"Line" continues at 1:30am PT.
Still, I don't think it's necessarily certain that B&WO will continue at ALL now that Boden is no longer with the company.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

joey7879

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 05:26:02 PM »
I just checked the dates on Adlink and your source is correct as far as Make The Connection goes. To Tell The Truth is still listed for 1/12 and beyond.

It also looks like GSN Video Games is gone after 12/28...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 05:35:03 PM by joey7879 »

Matt Ottinger

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 05:35:06 PM »
Well, somebody tell Tammy.  Hasn't she been the one who's been begging for Beat the Clock to come back?

Winkfan

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 06:51:47 PM »
I just checked the dates on Adlink and your source is correct as far as Make The Connection goes. To Tell The Truth is still listed for 1/12 and beyond.
Wanna bet TTTT starts up again from the beginning?

Well, somebody tell Tammy. Hasn't she been the one who's been begging for Beat the Clock to come back?

That was back when GSN still had their B&W Sunday marathons and BtC was undeservedly dumped at one time in favor of Two For the Money. Speaking of which, you know that's the only 'many-episode' show that hasn't aired in the B&WO slot? Maybe it's because some of Herb Shirner's 'monolouges' could have that same 'political (in)correctness' that plauged some of the jokes (zingers) on those 'classic' Hollywood Squares that GSN used to run. You know, what was funny then may be offensive now? But that's just MY opinion; not that I don't want to start up another debate.

And THEN what.....?

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--[color=\"green\"]the 'Elizabeth Ames of the Big Board![/color]

P.S. It would be nice to see B&W BtC again, though; hopefully they'll pick up from where they left off the last time.....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:01:55 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Jimmy Owen

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 08:10:49 PM »
If it makes Tammy happy I'd be willing to skip to the Sam Levenson eps of TFTM.  Are the MTC's gonna be Jim McKay or Gene R.?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

joey7879

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 08:22:56 PM »

And THEN what.....?

Same as weekdays: Starting at 2pm, it's Friend or Foe, Whammy!, Lingo and then Russian Roulette.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 08:23:13 PM by joey7879 »

TwoInchQuad

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 11:47:39 PM »
Matt:

According to my sources, your source's information is absolutely correct.

No more TTTT, which is too bad... but it's had a wonderful run.

-Kevin
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 11:47:57 PM by TwoInchQuad »

ilb4ever2000

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2003, 01:09:04 AM »
No more TTTT, which is too bad... but it's had a wonderful run.

I'm glad it's finally leaving. But too bad MTC's only sticking around for 3 nights...

Matt Ottinger

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2003, 10:05:36 AM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 02:09 AM\'] But too bad MTC's only sticking around for 3 nights... [/quote]
 Yeah, I mean it wouldn't be all that hard just to go ahead and run all the episodes they've got.  If you're going to go to the trouble of showing three, it doesn't seem to make much difference to go ahead and run all thirteen, or however many survive.

PeterMarshallFan

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 12:09:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 11:05 AM\'] [quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 02:09 AM\'] But too bad MTC's only sticking around for 3 nights... [/quote]
Yeah, I mean it wouldn't be all that hard just to go ahead and run all the episodes they've got.  If you're going to go to the trouble of showing three, it doesn't seem to make much difference to go ahead and run all thirteen, or however many survive. [/quote]
 Exactly how many eps of MTC were made? I remember it was used as a filler in the summer of 1955 and probably was weekly, so there couldn't possibly be that many.

Matt Ottinger

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 12:20:29 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 01:09 PM\'] Exactly how many eps of MTC were made? I remember it was used as a filler in the summer of 1955 and probably was weekly, so there couldn't possibly be that many. [/quote]
 There were thirteen.  That's why I said "all thirteen".  What I don't know is whether all thirteen still exist.  GSN has run most of them in the past, but I'm not sure whether they got around to doing them all at any point.

JohnXXVII

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 01:57:57 PM »
If GSN can run three episodes of Make the Connection with Gene Rayburn on BW Overnight, maybe they can run the two surviving episodes of the 60s Match Game that they have.  Maybe they could even go to the Library of Congress and get a few 60s Match Game episodes from there. A couple of those episodes were recently transferred to digital tape.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 01:58:26 PM by JohnXXVII »

Jim

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 03:24:04 PM »
Is GSN pulling the plug on TTTT or have they run out of episodes.  It seems to me we have not seen all the daytime series:
- They had a Buddy Hackett episode with the panel preceding the current Fab 4 of Poston et al.  They must have more of those pre-evening panel shows.
- They showed the last episode with Bert Convey on the panel.  Aren't there any more episodes in exisntece with Bert on the panel?

MCArroyo1

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 09:16:53 PM »
From what I recall reading, the Buddy Hackett episode was one of just a few remaining daytime episodes that didn't feature the nighttime panel.  There were plenty of others; they just don't exist in GSN's TTTT library.

As for the Bert Convy episode, that was in color.  I believe GSN has a few color episodes, perhaps some with Bert, but the person who made the original post specified that all of the B/W episodes will have aired by January, so they'll move on to something else.  And I agree that GSN should air much more of their B/W library before the block becomes "Color Overnight."

kirkmorgan

B&W Overnight Changes?
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 10:18:51 PM »
If B&W Overnight goes,so do I !  I would also drop my digital cable as well!