Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most Outstanding Game Show Host  (Read 4070 times)

BrandonFG

Most Outstanding Game Show Host
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »
I'll throw in someone who was underrated.  Bill Rafferty.  He did a great job on Every Second Counts, Card Sharks, and Blockbusters.
If he was more highly rated, wouldn't he have gotten more gigs, either with more production companies, or more gigs within MG/BT?
How many shows did Goodson-Todman release after the fall of 1987?  The only one that comes to mind is Match Game.
"Feud" and "Now You See It".
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 08:02:53 AM »
As much as I like Rafferty, having seen the Run For The Money pilot tape, I thought he came off rather weak. The game is so question-heavy, he didn't have time to relax and ad-lib. Kept repeating cliches trying to keep the game moving. It would have worn thin pretty fast. The other formats allowed for more comic reaction or snarkiness as he played off the material or the contestants. Maybe there just weren't that many games where he would have been a good fit. Feud host? I could see that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:09:42 AM by The Ol' Guy »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:25:14 AM »
I'll throw in someone who was underrated.  Bill Rafferty.  He did a great job on Every Second Counts, Card Sharks, and Blockbusters.
If he was more highly rated, wouldn't he have gotten more gigs, either with more production companies, or more gigs within MG/BT?
How many shows did Goodson-Todman release after the fall of 1987?  The only one that comes to mind is Match Game.
They also did yet another version of TTTT.

Chief-O

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
They also did yet another version of TTTT.

You could throw TPIR '94 in there too.
.....and it goes like this!!!