Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Pilot  (Read 47497 times)

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2012, 01:09:28 AM »
Chris, a year ago I noted that "you've often been less than pleasant in your return to these parts." You decided to respond to that by telling me via forum messaging that you "actually HAVE been making an effort to be more civil and dodging the crapslinging where possible," that "whatever preconceived notions you've got about me really need to be deleted from your memory" and that you're "trying not to fall into the same behaviors I have in the past and I really would appreciate it if you respected that."

I figured if you would be this moved to send me an email that maybe I should give you another chance. But aparently, any of those things you listed for me have went out the window. You continue to prove that, more often than not, first instincts will never fail you. And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

When two people say it, it's probably a coincidence. When twelve say it, it's probably the truth.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:10:21 AM by chad1m »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2012, 01:13:03 AM »
Chris, a year ago I noted that "you've often been less than pleasant in your return to these parts." You decided to respond to that by telling me via forum messaging that you "actually HAVE been making an effort to be more civil and dodging the crapslinging where possible," that "whatever preconceived notions you've got about me really need to be deleted from your memory" and that you're "trying not to fall into the same behaviors I have in the past and I really would appreciate it if you respected that."

I figured if you would be this moved to send me an email that maybe I should give you another chance. But aparently, any of those things you listed for me have went out the window. You continue to prove that, more often than not, first instincts will never fail you. And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this.

When two people say it, it's probably a coincidence. When twelve say it, it's probably the truth.

Can't we just let this die already? I'm sorry I even mentioned Marc Summers and his OCD and set if off- I had no idea it was going to touch off such a shitstorm. I really don't want to talk about this anymore. I had one big slip up. I admit it. I'm human. Can we move on from it?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2012, 01:15:23 AM »
Can't we just let this die already?
It will die when you stop making absurdities or incendiary remarks then follow it up with pressing the "Wah, why is everyone ganging up on me?" button.

PYLdude

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2012, 01:20:30 AM »
Can't we just let this die already?
It will die when you stop making absurdities or incendiary remarks then follow it up with pressing the "Wah, why is everyone ganging up on me?" button.

I'm trying to...it's not easy when people are responding in a fashion like that.

I did something I shouldn't have, I'm owning it. All I ask in return is that you either acknowledge it or accept it and we move on from it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:21:00 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:24 AM »
All I ask in return is that you either acknowledge it or accept it and we move on from it.
But this is exactly the thing you're either not getting or choosing to not get. You can't keep kicking someone in the head and expect them to want to forgive you or "accept it and move on" the 17th time you do it.

It.
Gets.
Old.

MikeK

• Martha!
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »
I'm trying to...it's not easy when people are responding in a fashion like that.
I can help you with letting the issue die.  DON'T HIT THE DAMN REPLY BUTTON.  That or unplug your computer.

PYLdude

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 01:27:30 AM »
All I ask in return is that you either acknowledge it or accept it and we move on from it.
But this is exactly the thing you're either not getting or choosing to not get. You can't keep kicking someone in the head and expect them to want to forgive you or "accept it and move on" the 17th time you do it.

It.
Gets.
Old.

Alright then, don't accept it. That's your prerogative. And that's my last word on this.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 01:29:02 AM »
To be fair (still playing Devil's Advocate here), how creative can you be with a kids vs. adults format? I ask both facetiously and seriously, because I'm both unsure there was much else that could've been done, but I would like to see someone at least try to come up with something better than what they had- I sure as hell don't know what I could add to this case.
If I was being paid to come up with something, I would do so. But I'm not getting paid for it and I don't work for free. Off the top of my head: you have kids vs. adults and you're playing Jeopardy. Nobody says "hey, maybe we should have adults answering questions about kid stuff and t'other way around." You could have the kids taking on adults in the style of Three for the Money or 1 vs. 100. Nobody looks at the question material and says "Golly, these questions are impenetrable. The viewers won't be able to play along." You have a boring game being played by boring people and answering questions that your home audience won't get.

Joker, Joker, Failburger.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2012, 01:37:32 AM »
So, I hear Pyramid might be coming back soon?
-Joe Raygor

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2012, 01:50:26 AM »
Didn't they tap that Richards guy from Price to host?
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Craig Karlberg

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2012, 04:04:37 AM »
And isn't GSM casting for a series even though it shot a pilot?

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2012, 04:27:29 AM »
Folks -

Please take your bickering and associated psychodrama to the appropriate forum:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/alt.tv.game-shows

This thread will be unlocked when y'all are ready to discuss game shows.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:29:32 AM by chris319 »