Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Pilot  (Read 47770 times)

GSFan

Pyramid Pilot
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:34:35 PM »
Did the new Pyramid pilot tape on 6/11?  If yes, did anyone attend the taping?
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »
It did not. It's moved dates a few times since the publishing of that Craig's List ad.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Mr. Game Show

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 12:50:25 AM »
Just found on Onset's website :

The Pyramid Pilot tapes Saturday (6/16), in Los Angeles. Tickets can be obtained here : http://www.onsetproductions.com/calendar/tickets.aspx?showID=204&eventID=524

No word on the host yet, but we should know shortly. I hope someone in the LA area attends the Pilot taping, and will report back. Thanks !
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:51:57 AM by Mr. Game Show »

xavier45

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »
Buzzerblog says on Facebook that Executive Producer of The Price is Right, Mike Richards is the host of the pilot of The Pyramid.

Mr. Game Show

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »
Buzzerblog says on Facebook that Executive Producer of The Price is Right, Mike Richards is the host of the pilot of The Pyramid.

Bizarre news - but I'm not going to panic until we hear about the Pilot shoot tomorrow.

According to Buzzerblog, the show is called "The Pyramid"

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »
Here's the new logo. Works for me.

I'm in the camp of mostly enjoying the current production of Price so I don't automatically hate this choice because of that. I've never seen any of his work, but at least he's someone with hosting on his resume. It could/ve be another random 80s celebrity, y'know.

EDIT: And I never knew this before I guess, but Mike's had a lot of experience working with/for Dick Clark: GSN points this out in their release.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:28:20 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
Here's the new logo. Works for me.
I think I want to see it in context. I can't say I care for it in a still form like that; looks too five-second-Photoshop. I have hopes for it in context with the clear nod (OMG, I just called something a "nod", shoot me) to the iconic tetrahedron, though.

Having watched him on Beauty and the Geek (and, like Chad, not having nearly the hatred for the current Price regime as some), I actually think Richards would be a perfectly reasonable host; he'd be pretty low key and I think he could keep the game rolling. Not my first choice, of course, and this could also be an issue of keeping pilot production costs down, but it certainly doesn't get me hopping from one foot to the other.

(I have zero problems with the actual title, seeing as I've already been referring to it as "the Pyramid" for a solid 25 years.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:31:47 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
Did Pat Kiernan stop answering his phone?
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 04:13:39 PM »
As Arte Johnson would say - Verrry interesting.

BrandonFG

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15:57 PM »
(Copy/layout editor rant) The bottom line under the word "PYRAMID" slightly bugs me in a dead-space kinda way (I did yearbook in college). A very, very minor nitpick, like less than 0.05%.

As for Mike, I'm not the biggest fan of his producing style, but it would be foolish to count him out as a capable host. I'm fine with it.

I like the more casual title, since that's how I've commonly heard it referred to in the media. Gives it a "party game" atmosphere. Am I the only one who thought the logo and background would make a nice board game cover?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 04:23:02 PM »
(Copy/layout editor rant) The bottom line under the word "PYRAMID" slightly bugs me in a dead-space kinda way (I did yearbook in college). A very, very minor nitpick, like less than 0.05%.
I noticed that too. It looks like something belongs there. I would say it is nicely evocative of the 1980s series, without being a complete carbon-copy, but it don't mean a thing if it don't got that swing. Give me a good game that is hosted competently and I can forgive a whole lot.

(Brandon also covered this: I think Mike has dropped the ball a lot of times when producing TPIR, but that doesn't mean anything about hosting. However, when hosting Geek I thought he was competent at best, and Geek didn't have a whole lot going on for hosting.
Travis L. Eberle

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »
Mikey will be the next Dick Clark -- NOT!!!

Chief-O

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »
Mikey will be the next Dick Clark -- NOT!!!

Next John Davidson? Definitely.
.....and it goes like this!!!

chad1m

Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »
Next John Davidson? Definitely.
Really? We're already gonna do this?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Pyramid Pilot
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »
Well, you'd think it wouldn't bode well for Mike that he lost hosting TPIR to Drew Carey, but maybe since those are two different beasts, he actually auditioned well this time with this format.

Count me as one who has not been pleased with some production decisions on Price, but still enjoys the show. I hope Mike does well here.

In a completely unrelated hypothesis, could Mike's involvement with GSN bring Price back to GSN? It would probably be only Drew Price, but it'd be nice to have it back in some form. Now that I think about it however, Drew's involvement with GSN didn't do anything.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.