Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: E! True holly Wood Story, Match Game?  (Read 6597 times)

Shredder

E! True holly Wood Story, Match Game?
« on: June 23, 2003, 11:26:44 PM »
They've done everything else, have they created one for Match Game yet?  I seem to notice that Gene and Bob don't seem to have the kindest of conversations going in term of facial mannerisms.  At least compared to Gene and the rest of the regulars...

Winkfan

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »
They've done everything else, have they created one for Match Game yet?
IF E! did give MG the True Hollywood Story treatment, they would probably devote 80% of it to Brett & Charles, 15% to Geno, and 5% to Dawson and the semi-regulars.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Kathy Mitchell of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:47:59 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

tommycharles

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 04:30:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 12:37 AM\'] and 5% to Dawson and the semi-regulars.

[/quote]
 Dawson was a HUGE part of the success of MG, and has a huge part of E!like scandal attached to him, and so to lump him in with the semiregs seems a little unfair. Finding interview clips with him discussing the show would be hard work, though. When was his last interview, anyway?

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 07:17:32 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jun 24 2003, 03:30 AM\']

[/QUOTE]
Dawson was a HUGE part of the success of MG, and has a huge part of E!like scandal attached to him, and so to lump him in with the semiregs seems a little unfair. Finding interview clips with him discussing the show would be hard work, though. When was his last interview, anyway? [/quote]
 Richard Dawson was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to promote his return to Family Feud. I don't recall him talking about Match Game, but he did speak a lot about his 4 year old that inspired him to quit smoking and was also the main reason he decided not to kiss the female contestants anymore.

Also, when GSN first came out and interviewed the game show hosts, Dawson only commented on MG \"I absolutely loved Match Game\". However, I think Richard's true passion was definitely Family Feud.

Also, I don't think that Brett and Charles really want to talk about Richard. Gene did comment on TV Guide, in one of his last interviews, that Richard was a loner with a very large ego. He said that in the beginning, Richard was great, but later in the run he decided to stop being funny.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 12:38:22 PM »
I don't recall him talking about Match Game, but he did speak a lot about his 4 year old that inspired him to quit smoking and was also the main reason he decided not to kiss the female contestants anymore.

Yep...seemed like his daughter appeared on every other show during the 94-95 season, which wasn't surprising, since she was all Dawson seemed to talk about.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Mike Tennant

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 12:57:36 PM »
Speaking of MG, the perfesser reports that GSN, due to overwhelming viewer demand, is going to commemorate the 30th anniversary of MG7x after all.  Details to be announced July 7.

Shredder

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 02:06:04 PM »
Maby they are going to do their own Press Your luck style thing for it?  Either that, or they saw the talk about specials...

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 03:01:03 PM »
They could get interviews from the night clerk from that motel in Encino.  Or maybe what really happened during those lunch breaks. Seriously, I don't think there's a lot of scandal behind the scenes at MG.  We got to see the party everyday on the screen.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 03:51:54 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.