Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sale of the Century end games  (Read 8694 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Sale of the Century end games
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 12:55:58 AM »
Show me a time a contestant ever won four of those eight, much less all eight.
That same guy I referred to earlier. (it was the second to last week of the show, you can find in on the YT.) Jim mentions that he's scooped about $30,000 just in cash. You don't get to that amount on Instant Cash and Fame Game tiles. I realize that's one anecdote and therefore you can't write a lab report with it, but the possibility of someone winning several of the Money Games exists.

Didn't said contestant hit a big Instant Cash on one of his tries? I seem to remember that happening.

Granted, you scoop eighty-something large in seven days, there had to have been a few wins pre-car.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Sale of the Century end games
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »
Didn't said contestant hit a big Instant Cash on one of his tries? I seem to remember that happening.

Granted, you scoop eighty-something large in seven days, there had to have been a few wins pre-car.
Might have been. But there was $45,000 in Big Money to be had; wins of $5,000; $6,000 and $7,000 gets you to $18,000, Add Instant Cash and other bucks and there y'are.
Travis L. Eberle