Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If Dice Game does it....  (Read 12836 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:05 PM »
"We're looking for the front half of the HDTV..."
Thank G-d we're not playing for a horse.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Steve Gavazzi

If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 05:17:16 PM »
can go in one direction and make a Not Car Game into a Car Game if you need to for time or variety, but it doesn't go in the other direction, ever.
...except for Money Game.  Until the late '80s or early '90s, it would get played for a boat a few times a year, and it wasn't scheduled as a car game on those days.  It can also be played for pretty much anything else that's mobile; they have motorcycle and trailer graphics for it, and I know it was played for a trailer once in 1988.  It can be used as a substitute for pretty much anything remotely related to a car.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
...except for Money Game.  Until the late '80s or early '90s, it would get played for a boat a few times a year, and it wasn't scheduled as a car game on those days.  It can also be played for pretty much anything else that's mobile
As you point out, a boat is still a vehicle.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 11:51:51 PM »
And the show, IMO, is trying to escape the "Loyal Friend and True" mindset.  Good on them.
Given how much the show has changed (for good or bad) I've found this to be largely not the case. I await your evidence to the contrary.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 12:34:51 PM »
"We're looking for the front half of the HDTV..."
Thank G-d we're not playing for a horse.

That one made me laugh out loud when I read it!

IIRC, Money Game and Lucky 7 were occasionally played for boats and trailers back in the 70s. Then it became cars exclusively.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

If Dice Game does it....
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 12:52:49 PM »
IIRC, Money Game and Lucky 7 were occasionally played for boats and trailers back in the 70s. Then it became cars exclusively.
I'm skeptical of this, and not because of any evidence...but because seriously, how do you drive a boat onto the stage?